Would The Mandalorian be as good without The Child?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would The Mandalorian be as good without The Child?

• Yes

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • It?d be better

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • It wouldn?t be good either way

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
I would agree. I hope they don?t make too much of a plot about the kid, and just adapt it like a gunslinger and his son going about the business of bounty hunting. And naturally the over curving story arc about the kid and the main villain will continue, without having to be the weekly focus.

my biggest gripe about this series is that they need to make 60 episodes a year of the same or higher quality. If you?re going to dream, dream big!

Wanting more seems to be a consistent complaint. I want more:cool:. But then I think about TROS and having to have a flow chart to track all the Mcguffins and just staring blankly at the theater for 2 hours (while in the back of my head there's a voice complaining "WTF"?).
Vs. cheering when Mando slams that stick back and goes for Baby. A scene that probably cost a 20th the amount to film vs. anything in TROS.

Less can be more.:bunnydanc

Absolutely.

That's why no Boba Fett. The more we saw of Boba, the less epic he became, until now he's a joke.

That's also why I was somewhat disappointed that they showed Mando's face in the first season. BUT I won't judge it too harshly, I know the reasoning that it helps people to connect to him (it didn't really help me in that way, but I guess women need to see a face). Plus, I'll hold judgment depending on how they handle it in season 2.

I think many sci-fi shows don't really get a groove until season 3 (ST:TNG stunk until after Picard was assimilated). From that perspective the Mandalorian was pretty good - not perfect, but by season 3 I'll expect the writing to be better, and the shows to be longer than 35 minutes. I mean, it's not asking too much to have 42 minute shows, and at least 12 a season - it can't be more to produce than The Expanse, Lost in Space, etc.

I was ok with baby yoda in the beginning when I thought he would eventually drop it off with safe family. I am quickly losing my patience with it being around in every single episode. Hopefully next season we end up yoda free.

I was ok with baby yoda in the beginning when I thought he would eventually drop it off with safe family. I am quickly losing my patience with it being around in every single episode. Hopefully next season we end up yoda free.

That won't happen. People would die for Baby Yoda:cool:.
https://time.com/5731562/baby-yoda-memes-explained/

The mythology/theme of the protection of a "sacred" or special/magical child is ancient. Anyway Din D'jarin is his daddy at this point.

tenor.gif

Even the most hardened grown-@ss folks are reaching for Kleenex.

reaction.jpg

Ur just gonna have to re-watch Alien 3 or something. Maybe Rogue One.

Back