WorldBox : ”Plump Body "- 1/6 Durable Body AT018 & AT201

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very amused that the judgemental overtly masculine one-up-ness culture around here is mirrored by the comments of the sports fans.

Eh - so long as the body still gets produced/this doesn't end in a cease and desist for the manufacturer, I really don't care what they make of it all. This hobby isn't the only one judged to be "weird" by the equally anorak-laden and obsessive sports nuts who like to think that they're 'normal'.

I'm rather used to the instant snap judgements of others, though find it hilarious that the swappable hands are deemed the creepy bit, rather than the incredibly detailed anatomical accuracy. Someone had to sit down and sculpt that thing in detail, and there's probably a factory worker who's only job is going to be to blush it to the right colour. Though equally, it's still very nice that the male bodies are getting the same level of over the top unnecessary attention to detail that the female ones have had for a while. Whilst I'll never make use of those anatomically correct aspects, it's cool to see that both genders are getting the same level of obsessive realism!

Is this guy angry because they even made his twig and berries, or because they made them so accurately small after years of steroid abuse...

Is this guy angry because they even made his twig and berries, or because they made them so accurately small after years of steroid abuse...

Pretty sure Mark Hunt doesn't use steroids. He was pretty pissed after news broke that Lesnar failed a drug test.

I'd imagine he's pissed because they're profiting off his likeness without paying him.

Based on the eloquent wording of this guy's social media response, I don't think it's him Worldbox is going to have to worry about. It'll undoubtedly be the UFC who comes after them for licensing stuff.

Are people really that freaked out by an anatomically correct figure? Surprise - next time you change your clothes and look down, you'll probably see that same anatomy on your own person. People obsess over getting the perfect padding for the ideal muscular ass cheek accuracy, but having the same equipment as most of you have in real life is too wild? It gets covered with clothes anyway, it doesn't matter that it's there.

I think freaked out is far too strong a term there. Personally I'm fine with the inclusion, if I wasn't I wouldn't be involved in the world of bjds too, or own any Phicens with their amusingly squishy additional parts.

However, I'm painfully aware that this is yet another reason for outsiders to judge this hobby as bizarre/for weirdos/pervy, when in reality for the vast majority of the time, accurately defined genitalia on a figure, especially one such as these where the main point of the thing is to keep it accurately outfitted? Yeah it's an unnecessary addition that the majority will never use beyond that inevitable moment of amusement when the figure initially shows up.

Put it this way, whilst I've no problem with sculpting the human form accurately in all of its anatomical idiosyncrasies, I don't buy these things to, as some people clearly do (cough poor Black Widow cough), stare at the beautifully rendered genitalia hidden underneath their clothing, and for the most part I try not to judge those who do appreciate the inclusion. However, I'd rather not have to carefully vet the figures I show non-hobby people, for that inevitable moment when someone undresses something just to check and feign Whitehouse-esque outrage/pearl-clutching.

Especially when, nope, I'm afraid I don't share the same anatomical equipment as this dude so seeing a rotund figure with (probably) accurately minute genitalia? Yeah it's uncomfortable when you have no reasonable justification for the level of accuracy.

Generally due to the overwhelmingly hetero-male attitudes on here I'm stuck with having to squirm uncomfortably in silence whenever someone does oversexualise poor Black Widow, or obsess over Slave Leia, or jokingly remark on the latest Phicen's "lack" of curvey attractiveness (as if any Phicen could be said to be lacking in that area). Similarly including accurate, non-sexual, since lets be honest when it's flaccid I highly doubt anyone could argue that it's an attractive feature on a person with a straight face, anatomy on a figure that, on the whole, I'd rather not look at undressed anyway? Yeah it's an unnecessary detail.

Especially given that, due to the removable hard-plastic nature of said object, and the decision to portray it accurately freehanging rather than as a moulded lump like Phicen's 'uninterested' parts... Well if it's anything like what tends to happen when bjds are engineered to include these features - either the genitalia will make the clothes hang awkwardly, since they're a solid unmoving stub of plastic. Or the lack of genitalia, given that there doesn't appear to be a hint of a mound sculpted into the underlying pelvic area will make the clothes hang oddly. It'll be a bit of an irritating catch22.

But you know, feel free to tell those of us who just want these things as glorified clothes horses that we're childishly overreacting in an ironically reactionary fashion.

Back