World of Warcraft Deathwing Polystone Statue Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Deathwing statue came in one piece! This statue is jaw-dropping in person. I can imagine it going for several thousands of dollars on eBay in the future. I'm looking forward to Tychus. Thank you to everyone who worked on it .

This statue has helped me gotten me even more pumped for Legion. More good times ahead. :)

Has anyone had any issues with attaching Deathwing to the castle? Mine seems to be so far off that I can't even come close to getting both square pegs into their slots. If you line one up, the other completely misses the mark, no matter how much I twist or maneuver the statue. I have been trying all weekend, and I'm not a stupid person. I dont' know if one of the legs was attached out of alignment or what. Any pointers before I call Sideshow. I had a broken wing and waited for a replacement for that. Now I can't even put it together. First two pictures show leg with rod. The other pictures show how far off the other one is.
002.JPG
006.JPG
003.jpg
005.JPG

He was snug to get in there but he went in fine on mine.

Mine came perfect. I LOVE this statue. A real masterpiece. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453693409.572915.jpg

That was how mine was but I had a broken wing also so I just got a replacement without trying anything. My replacement was perfect but you might try a hair dryer to see if it will move at all but the legs are pretty thick so I don't know how well that would work.

I love the scale and sheer size of this. Such a big difference between this pose and weta's Smaug. It does make it hard to find space for however.
IMG_6690.jpg
IMG_6687.jpg
IMG_6686.jpg
IMG_6680.jpg
IMG_6677.jpg

Anyone else a bit bummed about the inside of his mouth? It's funny how there is so much detail in this piece and everything about it is amazing but I still focus on that flat orange mouth, it just seems like an odd choice. I would have liked to have seen a fiery tongue or just more yellow and red shading but what can ya do, it's still the best statue I'll ever buy.

Hey guys, I think I have some defect issues with my Deathwing. Could anybody help me verify?

When I first got him I was pretty happy as nothing was broken but now I have noticed what appears to be some weird paint defects that I can't unnotice anymore. I don't want to be nitpicking but really can't help it when I paid ~$800 AUD for it.

Theres white spots on his torso and one of his legs that I can't remove with a brush or anything - I've tried to gently wipe it off but it doesn't budge, feels like if the spots been chipped or if it hasn't been painted properly.

There's also this gross yellow thing on his back.. can't get rid of that either.

Can anybody please compare to their statue and let me know if they've got similar issues? Should I be contacting sideshow about this for a replacement?

Here is the imgur album:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

to me I'll use a marker or other paint to do the touch up as you know you won't get a full replacement from SS

So my local store offered me either $100 store credit or a replacement.

Problem being that if I get a replacement it may also have defects or worse come with broken wings :/

Received my replacement left wing...and you guessed it, it arrived BROKEN TOO! Hoping I can still get a replacement for the replacement!

I got my Deathwing statue a couple weeks ago and yup, the left wing arrived broken. The break isn't the worst break, but where it broke I don't even understand how it happened. There's been so many problems about broken wings on here. Like what's going on Sideshow? They need to package their products better. Especially this piece.

As it is, Sideshow is offering a $80 US credit towards another purchase. And they're afraid to give me a replacement because they think it might just happen again. But I don't think I should have to settle with that kinda answer. I paid for a brand new, perfect piece. I shouldn't have to hope that the thing I paid for is going to arrive in one piece. It's unacceptable.

Mine arrived with a broken wing, too, as well as not fitting in the base, etc. They sent me another wing, but it wouldn't fit flush. I ended up sending it back. I really want to have Deathwing, as I have been a WoW player since vanilla beta, but this statue has way too many issues. The packaging is horrible, but the statue design is too. Trying to put the body in the base leaves about a half a millimeter between the end of the tail and the buildings, which scratches so easily. One of the biggest issues is, if you ever have to move it in the box, you risk breaking it. Too fragile for me to consider keeping, even if I had gotten one that wasn't broken with parts that actually fit.

Mine arrived with a broken wing, too, as well as not fitting in the base, etc. They sent me another wing, but it wouldn't fit flush. I ended up sending it back. I really want to have Deathwing, as I have been a WoW player since vanilla beta, but this statue has way too many issues. The packaging is horrible, but the statue design is too. Trying to put the body in the base leaves about a half a millimeter between the end of the tail and the buildings, which scratches so easily. One of the biggest issues is, if you ever have to move it in the box, you risk breaking it. Too fragile for me to consider keeping, even if I had gotten one that wasn't broken with parts that actually fit.
When you say it wouldn't fit into the base, do you mean the dragon wouldn't fit into the base or the wing wouldn't fit into the dragon? I mentioned last week that my Deathwing wouldn't fit onto the castle, not even close. It originally arrived with a broken left wing which I got replaced. When I got the replacement, I decided to put it all together. I thought I was missing something, doing something wrong. How many ways could there be to mount it? I couldn't get the feet close enough to the holes without snapping the tail off. Yesterday I was told that I would be receiving a new dragon body and castle. At least I won't have to worry about broken wings.

Did any ones come with red blood on the left broken horn on his head? Looking at pics online none of them have this red blood painted on so I'm pretty curious as to where it came from.

Did any ones come with red blood on the left broken horn on his head? Looking at pics online none of them have this red blood painted on so I'm pretty curious as to where it came from.

Mine came with the red at the end of the horn.

Back