World of Warcraft Deathwing Polystone Statue Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my empirical rule for something being cheap or not is - if it breaks like nothing, it's ****.
You take the Overthrown statue, place a finger on one of the armor spikes and push a bit, nothing happens. You take Arthas or Diablo, place a finger on the spikes and push just a little bit, and it breaks like nothing.
You take the barbarian's axes or Tychus' rifle and they're sturdy, solid, the axes are painted like proper metal. You take Arthas' Frostmourne and it's a crappy piece of plastic with super dull grey paint slapped on it.
Same thing for Arthas' body and head/hair, it's plastic. Just compare Arthas' head (with elmet on) to the Barbarian helmeted head, it's night and day.
This is without even talking about Arthas' ridicolously fragile cape, Diablo's ridicolously fragile spears/skulls and the underwhelming light up on both of them, pointless.

That's my 2 cents, but having owned each one of them and tried myself their consistence, this is not speculation to me, it's a fact. Arthas and Diablo are cheap, in the sense that they're made with subpar (cheaper) materials. No doubt they look good on the shelf (especially Arthas), but it bothered me to look at them and know that they are, in a few words, made with ****. I'd dare to say some of the **** I make is tougher than the materials they used on those two.

+1 to everything you said. I own both Overthrown and Diableah. What you said is exaclty what I felt when i first unboxed Diableah. When i receive my deathwing i'll try to poke the horns and wings for you

By that logic pvc is the most superior non cheap statue there is. I haven't pushed on any of my diableah (genius btw) because under what circumstances would it experience that kind of force? As for plastic, and deathwing, we should just have to hope their polystone mix is more stone than arthas or diablo. I've never seen overthrown in person but it sells for only slightly more than arthas.

New topic: with deathwing being 30" in depth I don't think the standard besta or pax will work, helI I dont even know if he's going to fox on my standard shelf.

+1 to everything you said. I own both Overthrown and Diableah. What you said is exaclty what I felt when i first unboxed Diableah. When i receive my deathwing i'll try to poke the horns and wings for you

Rofl, thanks mate, sadly I'm out of the run for Deathwing, too pricey for me right now... been spending like a ***** lately. Managed to secure a Kerrigan, she'll have to do for my Blizzard fix - people reported that her wings are pretty sturdy so she passed the test, lol.

By that logic pvc is the most superior non cheap statue there is. I haven't pushed on any of my diableah (genius btw) because under what circumstances would it experience that kind of force?

Well, when you take it out of the (crappy) styrofoam box, for example. I broke one of Arthas' spikes simply by grabbing his leg (and my thumb barely touched the spike), plus there was another spike stuck in the styrofoam already, likely from shipping and idiotic packaging.

As for plastic, and deathwing, we should just have to hope their polystone mix is more stone than arthas or diablo. I've never seen overthrown in person but it sells for only slightly more than arthas.

Well that's not the best criteria to judge, Rogue PF sells for more than Arthas and Overthrown, it doesn't make her exactly a better statue. Secondary value is driven by a number of factors and actual quality of the statue is not the most important usually.

New topic: with deathwing being 30" in depth I don't think the standard besta or pax will work, helI I dont even know if he's going to fox on my standard shelf.

Damn, is it 30" deep or wide? Too lazy to check, I hope it's 30" wide otherwise it barely fits on a desk/table too :panic:

Should be side to side at the max point... but even then, 24" deep is still a lot, doesn't fit a Besta and even not a Stuva unless you rotate him someway, mh

Going to measure the top of my expidit when I get home. Here's hoping he won't overhang by more than a few inches...

if only I didn't live near the earthquake belt's major fault i would put this right on top of my CPU that behind my monitor

Keep an eye on the Blizzard store?
Might show up like Kerrigan did.

I need this to go with my dragon collection.

I have enough points to buy it outright but may wait for discounts.

Hold up... Waitlist. Really?!?!? That's bogus.

Luckily I have a bbts order sitting by but I was really hoping to use my ssc points.

Same thing happened with Kerrigan and that definitely wasn't fake. Pretty hard to find that for sale anywhere now and its only been out for a couple of weeks.

I do not believe the waitlist is fake. I put in for one and will hope my bbts order is filled instead.

Hi guys, this is my second WOW statue, enjoy it!

IMG_20151211_180702.jpgIMG_20151211_180712.jpg

more picture:https://flic.kr/s/aHsknpiECZ

Nice album angel, really highlighted a whole bunch of details that the early photos missed. Looks astonishing. The anticipation grows...

Back