World Box: Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone that has him now...there is no stand of any kind?

the figure look great, but i will buy this only if they will release another figure, really hope they will release scorpion, it will be so cool!

the figure look great, but i will buy this only if they will release another figure, really hope they will release scorpion, it will be so cool!

Even though I love sub zero, I'm surprised they didn't start with scorpion, he's a bigger draw. I would pick up scorpion by himself, can't say the same for subzero, if they end up doing scorpion I'll get subzero to go with him. If they continue with the ninjas I'd love a retro reptile, or some kind of human based reptile, hell I'd probably take all the ninjas lol

I think he is shipping from some online stores already...

Re: WorldBox:1/6 "Mortal Kombat " SUB-ZERO

I'll buy these 1/6 figures when they make retro versions. I'd love to have the mk2 or 3 cast.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Here's a few images I took of this yesterday. It turned out really nice.
wA8VqNX.jpg

JX5nfmq.jpg

D078aYt.jpg

o6Db2Xz.jpg

998062I.jpg

The paint job on the head is really superb, there's a nice texture to it. The facemask has some dry-brushing on it that really gives it some nice detail. The figure itself is very heavy. Joints are tight, but the body is still heavy so if you don't find the center of balance in a pose it will fall over easily. The body has more painted detail than the standard World Box body, which came in just a plain skintone PVC. World Box did include one extra wrist joint, which is fortunate yet not, because I broke one of them right off the bat changing out the hands, so I recommend using a heat gun to change out the hands. I consider myself pretty good with changing out joints and parts, so having this one snap was a bit of a shock. There was some black smudging on the shoulders that I think was just from the figure rubbing against the black tray during shipping, but a bit of elbow grease took care of it.

The skull does have a movable jaw, so that's pretty cool. Anytime you get a skull accessory, you have to do the Hamlet thing :)

The only thing that I noticed that was odd, was that when you plug the two ends of the sword into the "blood spurt" they come out at angles, so it appears that the sword is bent, but when the sword is fully assembled it's straight as an arrow. But do be warned, there's some glitter on the sword, so it may stick on ya'.

Overall, it's a solid figure, World Box did include instructions, but it's fairly standard, just use a heat gun when changing out the parts. A very good start and hopefully it spurs on World Box to do more characters. Just next time include more wrist joints ;)

Wow, great pics, it's nice to see some straight up great pics with no photo shopping, looking forward to this way more now.

All the pics i've seen look great except the shoulders looking a tad skinny; would you consider this an issue after having him in hand? Is it possible to transplant the arms and head to a larger body? Great pics btw!

All the pics i've seen look great except the shoulders looking a tad skinny; would you consider this an issue after having him in hand? Is it possible to transplant the arms and head to a larger body? Great pics btw!

I think everything is in proportion, I don't think the shoulders look skinny. I don't think you can easily take the arms out as the body is solid PVC, but anything is posssible with the right tools. The head is easy enough to pop off, the whole body is essentially a TTM 19, so all the peg sizes are pretty standard. Though you do have to cut some some of the ties on the belt and inner shirt to get all the clothing off, so I would not recommend it unless you really wanted to make your own version. The other issue would be the arm armors which are very snug to the stock body's arms, it can likely be done but it would be a project, for sure.

I think everything is in proportion, I don't think the shoulders look skinny. I don't think you can easily take the arms out as the body is solid PVC, but anything is posssible with the right tools. The head is easy enough to pop off, the whole body is essentially a TTM 19, so all the peg sizes are pretty standard. Though you do have to cut some some of the ties on the belt and inner shirt to get all the clothing off, so I would not recommend it unless you really wanted to make your own version. The other issue would be the arm armors which are very snug to the stock body's arms, it can likely be done but it would be a project, for sure.

I don't think everything is in proportion on this guy, if you know what I mean. :lol

I'd really love MK II looks rather than MK I looks personally. I felt the slight updates the ninjas' got in MK II were perfect. After that they just kept ruining them by making them too busy.

Just got this guy now and I gotta say Worldbox are off to a great start. I hope Scorpion gets a release
Crappy pic time!!
10277541_10152079261789080_6613875594707507910_n.jpg

Back