World Box 1/6 Male Base Model Narrow Shoulder (Fashion Doll)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

<BEASTMASTER>

Super Freak
Reaction score
So far I've found only this website reserving them. Does anyone know anything about these?

World Box 1/6 Male Base Model Narrow Shoulder (Fashion Doll)

12991114_10154228710828690_3949976089053069323_n.jpg

So far I've found only this website reserving them. Does anyone know anything about these?

Is there something specific you would like to know?

This is just a variant of World Box's solid PVC recast of TTM19. It's solid PVC meaning, it's pretty heavy, I had their Sub Zero figure, it was pretty sturdy, the only complaint was that the wrist peg broke off easily, so have your blow dryer handy for changing pegs. If you don't have moral objections to the recast nature of the product, I think it's a solid buy.

Pretty sure it's the same thing as this, this, this, and this.

Not sure where you're located exactly, but it seems like not in the US, so I'm not familiar with non-US retailers

I bought two. They are great, but not as sturdy as the other world box body. Can't expect it to be as sturdy because of all the points of articulation. Articulation is amazing though. Had a loose hip joint but used nail polish and now its solid. Definately feel the weight of the body. At around 60 bucks it is not cheap, but the quality justifies it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I bought two. They are great, but not as sturdy as the other world box body. Can't expect it to be as sturdy because of all the points of articulation. Articulation is amazing though. Had a loose hip joint but used nail polish and now its solid. Definately feel the weight of the body. At around 60 bucks it is not cheap, but the quality justifies it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

IMO Coomodels are muchbetter not just because they are half the price, but because they offer wide range of skin color, height & upper body variant, and the fact they use ball type joints instead of the outdated TT joints makes it even better.

SwedishHeat : This is definitely not a recast of a TTM19 in any way as all the parts look uniquely sculpted to this body. I did see the one in the links you posted as that is quite common, though I have not seen this seamless neck version anywhere other than the website in my link.

So the torso is not rubber like hot toys? I've bought a vinyl body before and they are pretty heavy and there's something I don't like about the finish on the neck and torso. Might give it a skip then ;)

SwedishHeat : This is definitely not a recast of a TTM19 in any way as all the parts look uniquely sculpted to this body. I did see the one in the links you posted as that is quite common, though I have not seen this seamless neck version anywhere other than the website in my link.

So the torso is not rubber like hot toys? I've bought a vinyl body before and they are pretty heavy and there's something I don't like about the finish on the neck and torso. Might give it a skip then ;)

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The World Box body started as a recast of the TTM19 in solid PVC, they replaced parts here and there. So it's just a difference in point of view. For me, on the Sub Zero figure, they changed enough of it, that it felt like their own thing.

As to the rubber/vinyl question, I think you're using those terms colloquially, so I'm not sure what you mean. No one uses actual rubber in their bodies. Hot Toys uses PVC for most of their bodies. Vinyl is not used on bodies, it is not structurally strong enough to support weight. Vinyl, or what can commonly be called vinyl, is used on things like female heads when they need to root hair directly into the head.

Bodies are either ABS or PVC. If you can push into it with your fingernail, it's PVC, if you can't push into it with a fingernail it's ABS plastic. You can have different grades of each, so some PVC is harder than others. But generally it's it's painted/shaded, you can be sure it's PVC. ABS plastic doesn't take paint well, as it scrapes off.

But if you're referring to the torso of the TTM19, the sleeve around the internal skeleton of the torso, that's PVC. It's a softer PVC, but it's not rubber.

ok cheers for clearing that up SH. The body I bought was the ZCWO riot police body and the chest on that was hard like the rest of the body. If the chest on this body was softer like the hot toys I think this would be a really good slim build body alternative. Though since no one has this actual body in hand it's difficult to tell if the neck fitting is right.

As for recasts morals I'm usually all over that. Though when it comes to hot toys bodies they just aren't available and I'd rather try to save money than spend a fortune on those greedy sons of b*tches on ebay who rig the auctions anyway :(

Has anyone bought this? Looks pretty good, though wondering what others think of it before I buy one. Is the torso rubber or hard plastic?

Just received two of these yesterday. First impressions: quality materials (mainly hard plastic including the torso and sculpted neck), sturdy build overall, tight joints. I'm not sure how compatible the ankle/feet joints are with TrueType style ball and sockets. Decent bodies with a realistic posture and build. I do wish they came with more than one set of hands, but that's a minor nit.

Recommended.

Yeah any photos next to a hot toys body would be great as it would be interesting to see a color and height comparison. Do you think the plastic neck is paintable? or is it that shiny slippery stuff?

Back