Wolverine Vs. Sabretooth shipped!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely agree with Elwood. I may end up canceling my order. Really disgusted. I don't expect seams from an expensive Sideshow product - come on guys!!

Dave

Actually, looking at Mannix's pictures again, the claws on his Wolverine are all messed up. He should reheat them with a hairdryer and place them evenly.

Well, my reorder of this one has shipped. Had to cancel my original order because of so much stuff coming, but luckily I ended up with the money afterall and as a bonus it went back up on second chance. Figured it was ment to be :p

Congrats Ox. Let us know your thoughts, mine is suppose to be in today, so we shall see how it looks.

Just got this!!! :thud :thud :thud :thud

Ive read a lot of complaints and yea they are deserved with some of the one's I have seen. BUT if you get a good one WOW! IT IS AWESOME LOOKING!!! The detail and I was actually surprised at how big it was after reading it was small.
What was cool is there is a skull in the snow! Cool stuff like that makes this piece even better, I think its pretty dam cool looking!

Just got both Wolvie and Wolfie today! I've been nervous about the Vs. statue with some of the complaints, but I guess I'll see for myself.

I guess some have been complaining about the seam on Sabertooth's neck. It is noticeable, but if I hadn't read about it over at Statueforum I probably wouldn't have seen it. The seam on Wolvie isn't bad at all considering.

I tend NOT to overpraise because people think I'm not objective, but I have to really say that I love this statue.

The total effect of this thing is awesome. I hadn't really considered it before, but this is what it means to bring 2D into 3D - with a vengeance! Other statues have done decent jobs of recreating scenes from comics, but this goes beyond that. It captures a split second in time with Wolverine in mid leap, about the land the battle-ending blow to Sabertooth.

You can look at this piece from any angle and it looks great. Much praise to Martin and the Gore group. I never would have thought I'd buy a a statue (I like dollies) or a Marvel piece (DC all the way!), but this thing takes the comic statue to a new level.

Also have to praise the packaging - they have little bios on the adversaries on the box done like on a game card. Very fitting for a "Vs." series.

What was cool is there is a skull in the snow!
Holy Crap! You're right!

I got mine out of the box and assembled today! :yay
It was a b_t_h to get the legs aligned with the holes/peg, but
I finally got it, and it fits together very securely.

Mine is #115 out of 300, and I totally love it. I display it with
the costumed head, as I just prefer that one more. There is a
seam visible on it, but I don't give a crap. Also, the seam on
Sabretooth is visible as well, but much smaller due to the head
being permanent instead of interchangable. Again - I don't care.
I love the look of this statue. Excellent pose. Excellent sculpt.
Excellent Paint. Excellent Detail. Overall rating: Excellent!

Nerd question: I know Wolverine has regenerative powers and
can heal mighty quickly from an @$$-whuppin', but does
Sabretooth have the same powers? If not, he is gonna hit the
ground like a bag o' hammers, as Wolverine's right hand has the
adamantium claws buried right up to the hilt in through his neck
and trapezius area. Judging by the length, they'd be down to
his heart area, and if he doesn't have a quick-healing option,
he is toast.

Just remember the Achilies' first scene in Troy, where he dropped
the big fellow with one sword stroke in the beginning, and that
is exactly what would take place here unless I'm mistaken.

Back on topic - This was my first "super hero" statue. 99.9%
of all my other statues are Lord of the Rings. Next I have my
Attakus Hulk Statue coming, and then I need to get myself the
long wanted Hughes/Bruckner Wonder Woman Statue, and I'll
be a very happy person regarding 3 amazing sculptures that
to me look to be the very best available of their chosen subjects.

Super-Nerd Question: How does Sabretooth eat, or dress, or
wipe or ????? with claws like that?!

:fart :google :eek :thud :x ;) :lol

09-01-05 EDIT: Well, if I'd just read the BOX I'd have known
that Sabretooth has the same fast regenerative powers as Logan.

:bonk :bonk :bonk :bonk :bonk :bonk :bonk :bonk :bonk :bonk :bonk :bonk

Nerd response:

Sabretooth has an equally if not more impressive healing factor. Logan once drove a jeep over sabers head, park it over him, the popped all the tires. An hour later he shows up.

Both have survived Nuclear blasts, tank fire, severed limbs, lost eyes, heart punctures

Similarities:

Super Senses
Mutant Healing Factor

Differences:

Logan 5'4
Sabretooth 6'6

Logan: Adamantium Skeleton, even though Sabertooth did at one time until the Age of Apocalypse storyline...

also be it know that Logan has on successfully beaten Sabretooth one on one once...

However if you want to see Sabretooth get his ass handed to him royaly, check out Black Panther #7..

Your're right it was given to him but the newly restarted Weapon X program...

TALE OF THE TAPE FROM MARVEL.COM:

WOLVERINE

5'-3"
195 POUNDS
ACCELERATED HEALING FACTOR
ANIMAL KEEN SENSES
ADAMANTIUM LACED SKELETON

ON A SCALE OF 7
INTELLEGENCE = 2
STRENGTH = 4
SPEED = 2
DURABILITY = 4
ENERGY PROJECTION = 1
FIGHTING SKILLS = 7

SABRETOOTH
6'-6"
275 POUNDS
ACCELERATED HEALING FACTOR
SUPERHUMANLY ACUTE SENSES
ADAMANTIUM LACED SKELETON & CLAWS

ON A SCALE OF 7
INTELLEGENCE = 2
STRENGTH = 4
SPEED = 2
DURABILITY = 4
ENERGY PROJECTION = 1
FIGHTING SKILLS = 5

AND WOLVERINE HAS BESTED SABRETOOTH MORE THAN JUST ONE TIME.

ARE MY NERD SKILLZ WORTHY?

got mine today...

#38/300

probably gonna ebay this, even though i think it's spectacular...

I dont mine - anyone wants to buy mine please pm me - i will work with you on price/shipping.

Thanks.

Well mine came in on Friday just before I was leaving for a weekend trip, so I didn't get to open until today. I am so glad that things worked out finally for me to get the exclusive. I was absolutely blown away by the weight of this piece. I had tried to imagine the size pretty well, but hadn't really thought about it weighing this much. Everyone's raves about the base are well deserved, the detail is incredible. I paid particular attention to the areas getting all of the criticisms. The claws on mine are spectacular with no bends at all. I know most everyone's biggest gripe has been with the neck seams. Honestly, I'm not disappointed at all. The neck seam of Sabertooth is actually more prominent than the one on Wolvie. I did find a spot brown paint on the fur behind sabertooth's neck where the painter got a little careless, but definitely not noticeable enought to detract from the piece.

I almost had a heartattack too trying to get Sabertooth on the base. Kept imagining that 'wishbone snap' :lol .

Definitely very pleased and am really anxious to see what else they have planned in this line.

Back