Wolverine Pictures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raven said:
I figured out what was different between the proto and the SDCC. I much preferred the mustard color to the bright yellow. Maybe it's not canon, but it looks better.

Azog, was that the camera making the picture look so yellow or is the real thing bright bright yellow rather than muted orange/yellow?

Depends, I was playing around on the lighting, check out more images here...But the unibeam on the chest is bright canary yellow...as are the repulsion blasters in the hands...

https://www.azogscollection.com/azo...llery&cmd=user&user=1&op=view_album&album=173

Whoops, no I was talking about Wolverine. But it's good to know that anyway. ::D

Great pic Azog, that just makes me even more excited to get home today; my Iron Man will be waiting for me!!

I love that it's 1/4 scale, to me that makes it sort of an 'Unofficial' PF. I had to cancel my Wolvie Comiquette Ex. due to this fella, but hopefully I can pick it up at a decent price later on.

Raven said:
Whoops, no I was talking about Wolverine. But it's good to know that anyway. ::D

Oh! Wolvie is pretty bright, not neon yellow or anything, but its bright yellow, with a bit of orange in, very suitiable...

Was it pretty close to the colors of the prototype on the Sideshow website(orange/yellow outfit and metallic shoulder covers)? Sorry about the confusion. The iron man looks awesome as is.

Dunno if any good for you but found these pics from toy fair 2006

IMG_0202.jpg
IMG_5413.JPG
IMG_0205.jpg
IMG_5417.JPG
IMG_5415.JPG

I think that the 1/4 PF Wolverine looks fan-damn-tastic, and I wouldn't
have even considered cancelling my exclusive. I actually prefer the
blue and yellow suit, so I'm very happy with it. It'll be neat to have
Wolvie facing off against PF Hulk or whatever other PF baddie that
would match up well with him. Any suggestions?

Lastly this question - was the PF Wolverine pose based off of any comic
cover or art work to anyone's knowledge? I'm liking finding the comics
or art that these PF's are based on, and if I can get it I will to go with
the Hulk vs. Spidey and Iron Man comics I've got to go with them.

Thanks very much for any info!

JS :)

JSAuctionService said:

Just to clarify this Wolvie is not a PF.. its a Comiqette.. No mixed media in this one bub...

JSAuctionService said:

Ray Villafane
There was never a specific piece of artwork that was used for the sculpture.Actually the piece evolved through many different poses before ending up where it is now.

Andy Bergholtz
The term "comiquettes" is just a play on words, it's a title that was given to a particular line by Sideshow. It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not the sculpts are based on actual comic art, etc. The reason the Ghost Rider pieces are labeled as "maquettes" rather than "comiquettes" is because they are intended as a tie-in for the film production, rather than an original creation by Sideshow (they were specifically based on concept art from the film). So, the ghost rider statues fall in the same realm as other 'maquettes', having been film-based like the Beast, Juggernaut, Thing, etc. I hope that makes sense.

The "comiquette" pieces like Wolvie, Magneto, Iron Man, etc, are part of a licensed line that are not PF's, but also not film-based. It's a specific line of fully-sculpted comic statues, created at a certain size, etc. Some of them may be based on specific existing art, some won't.

Nice Josh, as you know my wife is an elementary school teacher, you ever need anything lemme know...

Bodie The Cursed said:
Right on.. Congrats on the job.

Thanks Bodie!!

Sideshow Andy said:
Congrats Josh! What school are you teaching at?

Thank you very much Andy!! I'm teaching at our brand new school here in town. We're calling it an Intermediate School because it's only 5th and 6th. Also we're using the way the classes are scheduled to give the kids a nice transition into Middle School.

Azog said:
Nice Josh, as you know my wife is an elementary school teacher, you ever need anything lemme know...

Thanks Jeremy! Believe me if something comes up I will do that. I'm gonna use all my sources of information to help me if/when I need it. :duff

Back