Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's surely against ebay's policy also. I'm sure they don't charge a fee percentage for the postage costs.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Excuse me for saying but it really does look like a $99 item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're excused, I bought it and I agree. I wouldn't normally be so mean, but I have to say that it's nice seeing them struggle so desperately to try and sell this thing. So much for us 3%-ers having no influence. Hopefully it will ensure such a fiasco never occurs again!

I wonder if they will have the same issue with the Swamp Thing maquette.

I’m ok with it being plastic IF they would have said that that was what it would be from the start and priced it accordingly.

Transparency is part of the issue, especially with the Wolf which was TWICE the cost of the previous LSB's and where the material wasn't even hinted at until people stared receiving crappy plastic heads to their doors. But the material itself is the main issue for me. If these were $100-150, I'd be okay with it, but at these kind of premium prices, I'll be staying far away from PCV having experienced the results in hand.

You're excused, I bought it and I agree. I wouldn't normally be so mean, but I have to say that it's nice seeing them struggle so desperately to try and sell this thing. So much for us 3%-ers having no influence. Hopefully it will ensure such a fiasco never occurs again!

Yeah - I'd rather have had the thing delivered in polystone and MINUS all the other concerns, but given the bad decisions they made and the sleight-of-hand they pulled - they got what they deserved. It was well worthwhile keeping track and posting the pie-chart :wink1:

I still can't believe that anyone kept this given the issues and the cost.

Recently, recast kits of the 1:4 P2 maquette have been seen on eBay, so I'd guess this may be on the horizon as well. Sideshow are too lazy and apathetic to do anything about it so that's another reason to avoid their stuff.

I ended up buying one of these for right over $300. Still think it was a little much for what you get but honestly its not terrible for that price. If I paid $650 with shipping...well...id be pissed like everyone else. I have had people who know nothing about statues / collectibles see it and thought it was really impressive. I guess we are extremely spoiled when it comes to details and paint quality but for $650 on a half sized bust, it better be amazing. I gotta say though, for what I have seen out of the coolprops Wolf, this one looks better IMHO. I have no regrets in getting this one for what I did, being as big a Wolf fan as I am I think it was worth it and have no intention of selling. At the moment, I have commissioned a custom 1:1 scale P1 Resin Head ( full painted piece ) and my thoughts on this one might change once I see that in person. The guys work, in pictures, is absolutely amazing.

Who doesn’t love re-opening an old wound?

Here’s my belated quick review of the Legendary Scale Wolf bust, and pics of the repaint. Hopefully this helps anyone on the fence (still) make a decision.

Last edited:
Who doesn’t love re-opening an old wound?

Here’s my belated quick review of the Legendary Scale Wolf bust, and pics of the repaint. Hopefully this helps anyone on the fence (still) make a decision.

:panic: Actually making this thing look worth getting! [Come on SS, half off already!]

That's the sign of talent, the ability to make something rubbish look amazing!

Haha. This thing was ripe for "fixing."

For what it's worth, I do love my masked P1 LSB. I wouldn't mind more masked preds if that's what it takes to get the price down.

Speaking of being on the fence.. There's an old Sideshow Wolf 1:1 Bust about 15m drive away from me for like $932USD. Worth grabbing for that price? No idea what he usually sells for these days.

Didn't know where to ask this question so this seemed to be the perfect time 😂

Haha. This thing was ripe for "fixing."

For what it's worth, I do love my masked P1 LSB. I wouldn't mind more masked preds if that's what it takes to get the price down.

I have no idea why they never made a masked P2? It seemed the obvious one to go for but they went in the mythos direction instead. I'd still love a masked P2...

lCLB4Ps.jpg

I have no idea why they never made a masked P2? It seemed the obvious one to go for but they went in the mythos direction instead. I'd still love a masked P2...

lCLB4Ps.jpg

micro shoulder cannon. i don't know why different sources think it should be small (except for the old McFarlane figure, but it was just the first time i saw it so small).
it should be the same size with P1's, maybe shorter but wider (plus it extends when shooting).

latest

almost as long as the gauntlets.

micro shoulder cannon. i don't know why different sources think it should be small (except for the old McFarlane figure, but it was just the first time i saw it so small).
it should be the same size with P1's, maybe shorter but wider (plus it extends when shooting).

Sure, but that wasn't a professional concept art, that was just a sketch knocked up quickly by a talentless bum (Me) after a convo with David Igo from Sideshow. I was trying to get him to go for a masked P2, but it never happened for whatever reason. This was around the time they had cancelled the Elder and were moving away from LSB's. If it had happened, they certainly wouldn't have used my drawing as a detail reference. One idea I did incorporate was the orange dome from his ship on top of the rear of his base....

Sure, but that wasn't a professional concept art, that was just a sketch knocked up quickly by a talentless bum (Me) after a convo with David Igo from Sideshow. I was trying to get him to go for a masked P2, but it never happened for whatever reason. This was around the time they had cancelled the Elder and were moving away from LSB's. If it had happened, they certainly wouldn't have used my drawing as a detail reference. One idea I did incorporate was the orange dome from his ship on top of the rear of his base....

Not bad Matt!

Shame it wasn't YOU doing Sadshow's art direction.

Back