Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel bad for you guys that ordered. Personally, I was very hopeful they would finally step up given how great the sculpt is and the price increase, but looks like this may be the worst of the line and be the death of it. Thing looks crazy light compared to the heavy ass busts from before and the paint is just as bad as the previous ones. No artbox and no nameplate is a head scratcher. Where did all that extra money go compared to previous ones? I'd be scared if I ordered that $1200 maquette for sure.

Holy freaking ***** that looks bad. The couple of time he said "this actually looks better on the camera right now" I was like NO WAY! Because everything looked pretty much terrible on camera. When he pulled out the plain white cardboard box I actually laughed. I cannot believe there's not even an artbox! WTF! I honestly believed they were going to pull this off with high quality because of the price they were charging. Shame on me I guess. I *might* have been able to live with the plastic if it was painted well, but the paint looked very lacklustre.

SERIOUS ADVICE --> Anyone out there thinking of buying Sideshow's 1:4 scale Jungle hunter maquette - for God's sake don't !!!!!

While watching this video I was thanking my lucky stars that I'd decided not to order the Jungle Hunter! It's 100% XM and Prime 1 Alien/Preds for me from no on. I ordered this from my LCS, and I know they'll give me the deposit back in store credit no problem.

Wow Sideshow! Way to skimp out on quality.
I don't think a name plate was ever announced but being that previous LSBs had one you would think it would be included.
No artbox on a collectible, high-priced, item and its made of plastic.

I'm sorry for my friends that have preordered this.

So glad I listened to my instincts...Never preorder a Sideshow product. Best to wait and see in-hand pics before buying.

Last edited:
This is soooooo bad . I was really looking forward to it but watching that video makes the plastic neca line look good. Sideshow expected its loyal customers to pay more but with reduced quality and no name plate, and then no art box. How tight have they become. I loved the art boxes on all my pieces. I know this sounds sad bu I use to display them sometimes but how the hell do you display a plain white box.

Remember at the start they all got us to rush in saying that its almost sold out. What a joke. Like how good did the proto type look and then this first review shows a B grade standard. Guess ill make true judgement when its in hand but imagine how down people will be if theirs arrives damaged.

Just under $1k for us guys down here in OZ

Was this listed as being polystone at all? Coz the current description on the website says PVC and some resin, and the weight is only 3kg.

I have the Maquette on order and I'm worried, but there's no mention of plastic in the description and the weight is over 9kg. Hope this doesn't change...but I don't have high hopes for it now.

Now we know why there were no production photos and why there is no artbox.....

Because Sideshow!​

Was this listed as being polystone at all? Coz the current description on the website says PVC and some resin, and the weight is only 3kg.

I have the Maquette on order and I'm worried, but there's no mention of plastic in the description and the weight is over 9kg. Hope this doesn't change...but I don't have high hopes for it now.

The original 1:4 P1 maquette was 30 lb / 13.61 kg - https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/product-archive/?sku=71431

The new 1:4 P1 maquette is only 20 lb and the description could be taken both ways.

If I was ordering (or even considering ordering) the NEW 1:4 maquette, I'd for sure check the material of the base & body with Sideshow.

sucks to see this but in a way I'm glad, one less thing i want to buy lol

My thoughts exactly. It may not be THAT bad in person but my instincts say "stick with that old big ugly head" so I didn't order this. Turned out to be the right choice I think.

I feel so bad for everyone who ordered this. I hope it's better in hand. I can't believe they had the balls to make the whole thing plastic and to ship without an art box on top. It's a bust! A bust has no business being 100% plastic IMO.

This is part of why I refuse to preorder anything SS. Some of their pieces have improved but living outside the US, with their price hike, I can't afford their fails.

The original 1:4 P1 maquette was 30 lb / 13.61 kg - https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/product-archive/?sku=71431

The new 1:4 P1 maquette is only 20 lb and the description could be taken both ways.

If I was ordering (or even considering ordering) the NEW 1:4 maquette, I'd for sure check the material of the base & body with Sideshow.

The old Maquette being heavier doesn't mean anything to me though. All the old stuff was heavy. Most of the new stuff is lighter as they're all hollow. The Predator 2 Maquette was 20lbs also and that is polystone, so I would expect this to be the same unless something changes. Either way, I'm going to email Sideshow and ask them.

But more importantly, I'm curious if the description for the Wolf bust always stated that it was PVC and if the weight was always the same, because if they've changed it at some point to reflect new materials then I would be pretty angry if I had ordered this, and I'd be wondering if they will do the same with the Maquette.

it was states it’s made of PVC & resin. Similar to the older ones, the base & face are resin while the dreads & some accessories r plastic. This one is totally different.

PLASTIC!!!!!!!! no art box, no name plate, no wonder they didn't show it off with production pictures, thought with the big bally hooo video announcing this they would have knocked it out the park, but no, all they have done is kill a good line and even if they haven't they have for me at that price

From the video I can only tell the paint app is actually not bad, and the cast quality is also quite good.
Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't care the material that much, I would be very happy to receive it if it was the same price tag as the P1 LSB to be honest.

I've never given a **** about the art box, I can't see the point of it sitting in storage inside a plain shipper. Removing it and reducing the cost by 10 bucks would be fine by me. It's a waste of printed cardboard.

So disappointed with this video...and even more with these clowns in SS, treating us P fans with this kinda quality. Total disrespect.

Back