Statue Witch-King (Ringwraith) Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look who's arrived today! I'm so happy that my WL got converted. :yess:
Ringwraith Exclusive #223 in the house! :clap

A very fine statue. No cracks, chips, gaps, etc. on the main body of the statue. The only problem was a damaged non-exclusive hand which I'm confident can easily be replaced. I also found it quite easy to attach the body of the Ringwraith to the base.

7831008732_c9c37e78e9_b.jpg

7831003864_a8daff0420_b.jpg

7830983552_a748042d24_b.jpg

7830980308_b425ef1b52_b.jpg

7830987896_79b4f5e243_b.jpg

The base - it's awesome. From the scene of Weathertop.:clap

7830965100_5168a6e3e1_b.jpg

7830959364_bc9f48877f_b.jpg

This was the only damage from it - a broken non-exclusive hand. It arrived this way. Request for replacement sent to SS. Other than that, another homerun for SS! :clap

7830969268_cb5aede385_b.jpg

7830973636_40f452afa2_b.jpg

Flanked by my Gollum & Smeagol statues of Sideshow Weta (got online), which incidentally also arrived in the mail today! :clap For size comparison too.

7830976968_8980b584bd_b.jpg

Nice shots and congrats! He's a damn good looking statue. Sucks about the one hand but that should be easily fixable through SS.

sideshow replied to my support request about statue cant go into the base

I have confirmed the fit of this figure is quite tight on the base. We would like to suggest slightly wiggling the Ringwraith Figure while pushing firmly down on the base.

.... :slap

Nice shots and congrats! He's a damn good looking statue. Sucks about the one hand but that should be easily fixable through SS.

Thanks Josh mate! Indeed he is. I'm a happy bloke today despite the broken hand. But true, it's fixable thru SS. Now, bring in Twilight Witch King & Frodo & Sam maquettes! I LOVE this line!!! :clap

Well, i unpacked my wraith yesterday and one word... flawless.

No chip, scratch, paint error, problem like gagaliya with the base.

The paint job on this statue is a lot less complex than the others, but the details in the robe sculpt are amazing.

Its perfect.

Edit. Forgot to say that ringwraith are bigger than i though. Side by side with Aragorn, big difference. Dark rider of mordor PF is maybe not too big on his steed after all.

Last edited:
Well, i unpacked my wraith yesterday and one word... flawless.

No chip, scratch, paint error, problem like gagaliya with the base.

The paint job on this statue is a lot less complex than the others, but the details in the robe sculpt are amazing.

Its perfect.

Edit. Forgot to say that ringwraith are bigger than i though. Side by side with Aragorn, big difference. Dark rider of mordor PF is maybe not too big on his steed after all.

congrats joblain!

but i just cant believe i am the only one with issues of fitting the statue onto the base without a giant gap in between the base + statue... on BOTH of my ex while noone else has this problem.

I am not the hulk but also not that weak...what is going on.... Joblain did you just drop the pin into the base hole and it just go all the way down? Or did you have to squeeze/turn/push to get it all the way in? Or did you just leave it 70% in and not bothered by the gap between his back foot and the base that makes him floating.

congrats joblain!

but i just cant believe i am the only one with issues of fitting the statue onto the base without a giant gap in between the base + statue... on BOTH of my ex while noone else has this problem.

I am not the hulk but also not that weak...what is going on.... Joblain did you just drop the pin into the base hole and it just go all the way down? Or did you have to squeeze/turn/push to get it all the way in? Or did you just leave it 70% in and not bothered by the gap between his back foot and the base that makes him floating.

I pushed a little, but not that much. It was really easy. Boromir gave me headache. Still have a little gap between the left foot over the rock.

When I was putting my statue into the base, don't know why but your name came into my mind :). My first try my statue was in the wrong direction with the base. Second try I turned it 180° perfect fit. If there is a gap, it's really not noticeable. It don't bother me.
4a394bb5-5246-b299.jpg
4a394bb5-525b-cc4d.jpg
4a394bb5-52fe-d58f.jpg
4a394bb5-530b-d0a8.jpg

#138 Exclusive is in the house. :yess:

And looking really nice...very impressive indeed. :rock

My only worry is the top of the hood which loses its fabric texture, as though a repair job was done on it, anyone else have this issue? :dunno

But other than that it's "A ONE"...I'm very happy with it. :yess:

Congrats to all who have him...it's a winner. :winner :winner :winner

:duff
Bill

According to FedEx's Tracking mine is now out for delivery. :cool:
I actually did not think I would be in town in time and this Ringwraith would be sitting at my parents house for a few days before I came back in town...what is cool is that I ended up going back home a few days earlier so I get to get my hands on this sculpt sooner.
Man do I love that smell of a new Sideshow Sculpt especially when first cracking the seal and opening the package up for the first. I have been dealing with insomnia ever since I was a kid and tonight was another night I could not sleep and am just now getting sleepy, however...I am sure that I will wake up and stay up with energy after FedEx drops off this package. This will be a good morning for sure. :)

EDIT: Received. :cool: He is flawless with no issues that some other members are experiencing. He is actually smaller than I thought he would be but still the size of this sculpt is perfect. He also feels expensive being that he is quite heavy. This sculpt easily gets a 10 for me.
Here is a picture using my iPhone camera...not the best picture quality but here it is: :)
A8D0D0A2-B665-427B-9AC0-A9C91259A174-1970-0000036F53404BDF.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats SepticFlesh on having this awesome statue! :clap Thanks for the pics. I was surprised the base is hollow; I was expecting it to be heavy coz it looks solid from the outside (with the rocks and all), but yeah the statue itself is cast in heavy weight polystone. While I received a broken non-exclusive hand but replacement is on its way (thanks to SS for an easy transaction with the request), still I can't help but be satisfied with how great this statue turned out to be. The pics posted by members are so nice, but this is even better to look at in person. :yess:

Just a quick update with Sideshow's response to my request for an exchange. Thankfully, it seems like there won't be a problem, other than dealing with having to send it back and wait for a replacement.

They offered me a $40 store credit or $35 partial refund as well. Though considering they offered $50/$45 for a tiny bent strap on Boromir's arm...

your very fortunate, I requested a replacement on the 12th but was told there were no Wraith bodies left, I even asked for a possible 'returned' piece (I would be more then happy with the one your returning, as those flaws I can fix myself).

However I got a reply just now saying they had no returns like this, I could understand if they said it wasn't possible to go and handpick me one out personaly due to the large scale operation they are, but to be lied to when the evidence here shows otherwise, it doesn't feel great :(

I'd be interested to hear from others outside the US if you have had similar responses. Right now I feel I must have offended Sideshow in some way to be brushed off like this.

Back