Statue Witch-King (Ringwraith) Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ended up picking this up from AP Collectibles for $213 shipped. Its not the exclusive but I don't mind.

This is my first LOTR statue!

If you mean the weta one, he's a lot bigger scale wise but I think they would look great together. I'd take a pic but mine is impossible to get out of the display cabinet at the moment.

Yes, WETA ringwraith on steed is what I meant. If anyone has both and could post a picture of them together I'd appreciate it.

I thought this was scaled with the new 1/5th line but I just checked Sidehsow's site and it is listed as 1/6th scale. Strange. 1/4, 1/5, 1/6 seems like they're all over the map.

Thanks for the response!:clap

Just got my Ringwraith ex in today; hooray for my waitlist converting!

Absolutely amazing piece.

DSC02300.jpg

There were just two questions I had for everyone else. I've noticed two things on mine that are bugging me. The first is that where part of his robe attaches on the front behind his sword arm, there's a fairly noticeable gap.

The other is on the back it seems like something wasn't attached quite right, and there's a white what looks like some kind of tab that you can see when looking at it from the side.

Does anyone else have anything like this on their statues? Think it's worth contacting Sideshow about?

DSC02297.jpg

Dsc02298.jpg

Oh, and my Sideshow Exclusive sticker was stuck on the box upside down, which was entertaining.

What do you mean? Many SSW statues were just as good.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't knocking the SSW line. I'm talking about current statues in general (Sideshow and Weta) and some of the excellent pieces that are available.

To be honest I wasn't all that excited before the Ringwraith statue arrived. With all the other 'wraith stuff I have, I figured how good can another one really be? But I changed my mind pretty quick when I saw it in person. You can't appreciate all the small detail in pics - this statue has some of the best weathering that I've seen and the tattered, blowing robes look completely real. All my expectations were exceded with this statue.

Last edited:

There were just two questions I had for everyone else. I've noticed two things on mine that are bugging me. The first is that where part of his robe attaches on the front behind his sword arm, there's a fairly noticeable gap.
The other is on the back it seems like something wasn't attached quite right, and there's a white what looks like some kind of tab that you can see when looking at it from the side.

Does anyone else have anything like this on their statues? Think it's worth contacting Sideshow about?

DSC02297.jpg

Mine has seams where the robes attach as well, it's not very noticeable though.

DSC02297.jpg

the chip is no big deal just paint it over with tiny amount of black acrylic paint and it will be as good as new. however that giant gap is definitely a big DEFECT and you should submit for a replacement.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I'll be contacting SS to see what they can do.

the chip is no big deal just paint it over with tiny amount of black acrylic paint and it will be as good as new. however that giant gap is definitely a big DEFECT and you should submit for a replacement.

I agree...that looks like a serious defect and would contact Sideshow to see about getting a replacement before painting over it. These statues are too expensive to have these kinds of defects on them when receiving. If you decide to contact Sideshow for a replacement please keep all of us updated on how it went. I never have had to send back any figures that I have ordered from Sideshow (Knock on Metal)...so have no experience when it comes to trying to get them to send a replacement. I cannot see you having any problems getting a replacement especially if this is officially a defect which to me is obvious that it is.
Best of luck. :)

pizzanaz1.jpg

pizzanaz4.jpg

pizzanaz3.jpg

pizzanaz5.jpg
pizzanaz6.jpg

pizzanaz2.jpg

pizzanaz7.jpg

So frankly, the Side is really good compared to the masterpiece of Weta. There are more details in Side, the sculpture is finer for me ...

Back from vacation and number 27 ex is in the house :thumbup:
Going to open it tonight when kids will sleep.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Definitely get the statue replaced. That crack is nothing to ignore, Kijihe! :lecture

I went back and forth with ordering this statue. But I am so very glad that I bit the bullet and didn't cancel. I am thrilled to have #12 join the collection.

ML.jpg

:blissy

@pizza Man that Weta sculpt is a beauty. :) I will be receiving the Sideshow Ringwraith Ex. in about 2 days (Much respect to member Furystorm for selling me his pre-order and not having the temptation of backing out of the deal after seeing everyone's pictures posted on this thread.) :cool: I originally had the regular edition on Pre-order as Sideshow had sold out of the Ex. Edition but it was kind of important that I have the Ex. edition even if it just an extra switch out hand with Dagger.
This will be my second "Lord of the Rings" sculpt ever I am one of the very fortunate one's to have the Ex. Edition Sideshow Uruk-Hai Berserker and once I have the Ringwraith and the "Ringwraith on Steed" from Sideshow all displayed next to each other my hobby room with all my collections is going to look like a museum. :cool:
BTW again member "Pizza"...I do not have much experience with Weta as I only caught onto them after Pre-Ordering Barad Dur (I had to back out as I needed the money to put towards another Sideshow Collectible) but does anyone know if that particular Weta Ringwraith on Steed is still available?
I will go to their website after posting this to check anyway or maybe he is on EBay but just thought I would ask here anyway.

Hahhh...I love this feeling. I always say it is like the feeling I would get as a young kid during Christmas day only now I get to experience that same feeling all over again as a grown man.
Many more happy deliveries are in store for me as I have almost lost count of how many other Pre-orders I have with Sideshow and Flexpay has made all of this possible. :)

I'm broke buddy, and out of the line, so although the images are great, not too much temptation...

Damn! Why does everyone capitalize my name? :lol

I'm broke buddy, and out of the line, so although the images are great, not too much temptation...

Damn! Why does everyone capitalize my name? :lol

Sorry bro...yes being broke does suck...and they say money does not make one happy. Haha yeah right I never have liked or agreed with that statement at all. Money=Happiness in it's pure form and glory.
What is wrong with capitalizing your name? Sorry but I have no sense of humor but I do try. :dunno:

Anyway as far as having the funds for all these amazing figures/sculpts coming out from Sideshow I wish everyone the best...as the prices seem to be going up and up. Still to me many are worth the price but that just means more months having to spend my money on other things wisely. I'm selling off some older Hot Toys 1/6 figures to help bring in funds for future Pre-orders because too many amazing ones are coming out too fast!
Sorry for changing the subject anyway it is good to know that the Ringwraith came out beautiful...definately an eye catcher and a really great job on the aged effect and overall darkness of this piece...for now I can only imagine how beautiful this Ringwraith looks in person.

Last edited:
Back