Statue Witch-King (Ringwraith) Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thud: So iconic....great lighting....great pics........ :goodpost:

Thanks for taking the time to get these up! I think I am going to get the Reg edition...

Thanks for the kind words. :duff

Yeah, another awesome job by sideshow and captures that moment perfectly. Plus I love that I got #9 with its significance to the ringwraiths.

Enjoy yours when you get it :hi5:

i will take some photos when i get home tomorrow, away for the weekend.

yours looks really good, did you have to apply a lot of force to get the statue fully in base?

Cool. Whenever ya can.

Thank ya! :hi5: No just a tiny bit and it went in just fine.

Great pics Josh though it seems darker in real life than in your pics wouldn't you say?

i will take some photos when i get home tomorrow, away for the weekend.

yours looks really good, did you have to apply a lot of force to get the statue fully in base?

Hello.

Why not try to enlarge a little hole in the figure, very carefully, but I think you end up going well.

magnificent photos Josh.

Can't wait to get this :rock

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4505.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

I think the natural light in the sun makes it look lighter than it likely is in reality. Josh, compare yours to the pics you posted above.....

EDIT:: Also, I think that "too black" and you would begin to lose depth and movement. The weathering of the cloak etc seems to be spot on for the ages of wear and travel in search of the ring......

Yeah, it's a bit lighter in the pics I took outside than inside but it matches the proto nicely under non photo conditions.

Cool. You can go with both options then.

Can you take a picture of how it looks? Might be able to offer a suggestion after seeing it.

1st photo shows the gap on my ringwraith#1, after over 15 mins of applying extreme force & twist/turn i managed to get the gap down to this much(miracle i didnt break the statue), it also pretty much guarantees i will never be able to remove the statue from the base without breaking it.

2nd + 3rd photo shows gap on my ringwraith#2, i just dont have the strength left to try again..the gaps are much larger...i also couldnt plug the main sword hand into the statue all the way

rest photos shows some comparison between reg vs ex dagger hand if anyone is curious (both of mine are ex), also happen to have a few ironman i bought that just got unpacked so had some fun (who will win?).

Overall i am satisfied with the sculpt/paint/statue itself, but not the quality of construction, the way the statue comes together feels like a cheap custom from thailand not a $250+ pro piece. Is it really that difficult to put just a LITTLE effort into refining the product so the holes line up and fits etc.. So sick of it, this hobby suppose to relax me from my day job not add more headaches...

does noone besides me really had issue plugging the statue into the base without a giant gap? It just so happens both of my ex out of 500 has this issue?

ring0.jpg

ring1.jpg

ring2.jpg

ring3.jpg

ring4.jpg

ring5.jpg

ring6.jpg

ring7.jpg

ring8.jpg

Hello.

Why not try to enlarge a little hole in the figure, very carefully, but I think you end up going well.

magnificent photos Josh.

it's not that simple, the hole in the base is wrapped around a plastic tube looking thing, also i tried drilling in the past on other statues and always made a mess without solving the problem. Dont even know if it's the hole that's too small, the alignment of the peg, or the base plug itself that's just too tall.

I understand better now with your explanation. I very much regret that in this situation for the neglect of Sideshow lately in quality control, because I can understand some manufacturing errors, but it cries out to heaven that will not be reviewed before being sent.

I hope you can solve as soon as possible, and for the sake of all collectors who bet on this brand, I hope once and for all Sideshow become very strict with China factory because it is very sad that lately have these problems, not forget that they are pieces that are worth more than $ 200.

Thanks for sharing your photos with us, is a delight piece, the work of the sculptor is 10 as always in this line, that hurts China Factory is not to rise to the occasion.

Yeah, that sucks. It looks like the statue is leaning a bit so maybe if you lean him back vertical then gently wiggle the statue it might go the rest of the way down. Othwrsie I'm not sure to be honest as my next suggestion would be to work on the hole in the base.

Yeah, that sucks. It looks like the statue is leaning a bit so maybe if you lean him back vertical then gently wiggle the statue it might go the rest of the way down. Othwrsie I'm not sure to be honest as my next suggestion would be to work on the hole in the base.

yeah I had to wiggle it to get it flush. Maybe you could try filing the peg a bit?

Back