Statue Witch-King (Ringwraith) Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Ringwraith today. It's a beauty.

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

Stunning photos :clap:clap:clap

A question.

His sword is well aligned with respect to the grip? Because I do not get that feeling in the photos.

Last edited:
this is unbelievable, i got 2, and both of them got stuck half way through. I am afraid if i apply anymore pressure i would break the statue....

But what is happening lately with the quality controls by Sideshow?.

I get mine next week, and I hope that has no such problem.

How hard is it to check before sending.

And come to raise prices of maquettes, and may well lower wages to make and so that would be as we would have good quality control.

Sideshow does not arise because of the country of production change, and it cries to heaven. This piece should not have bugs and three pages of this thread I've seen several.

Last edited:
yes two ex. both has a big gap between the statue and base, his feet are floating in midair. Did you guys just push really hard until it went in? Can yoh pull it out easily? it took me forever to wiggle the damn thing out.

not sure what to do at this point....

Cool. You can go with both options then.

Can you take a picture of how it looks? Might be able to offer a suggestion after seeing it.

Well we have three people reporting three issues with the three different holes in the statue (left arm, right arm, foot/base). For me I cannot get the right arms to fit into the peg and I am really pushing the thing. Not sure how they set the hole size but it must be a pain to have it be perfectly sizes so that the arms don't fall out. I think a little grease will help mine along.

Either way grats to those that got this...I will not get this(maybe one day in future on ebay)...I have the SS/W on steed version and the SS 5 Wraiths and Frodo on Weathertop Dio and am very happy...again grats to those that get this

A question.

His sword is well aligned with respect to the grip? Because I do not get that feeling in the photos.

I don't remember seeing anything out of alignment before I packed it back up and if you look at my pics a few pages back it seems fine.

Well we have three people reporting three issues with the three different holes in the statue (left arm, right arm, foot/base). For me I cannot get the right arms to fit into the peg and I am really pushing the thing. Not sure how they set the hole size but it must be a pain to have it be perfectly sizes so that the arms don't fall out. I think a little grease will help mine along.

I had no issues with the arm pegs at all. It's really just the base that's tight.
Honestly I'd rather it were a bit tight to push in as opposed to having a weak magnet and the arm falling off at the slightest movement.

What year are your students? You don't make them read Lord of the Rings all the time, do you? :lol

Well, in the past I've taught high schoolers and 5th/6th graders. At this alternative school I'm going to be teaching some high schoolers and a few 7th/8th graders. No, I'd like to find a way to bring that into my classroom but I haven't been successful. :lol

:thud: So iconic....great lighting....great pics........ :goodpost:

Thanks for taking the time to get these up! I think I am going to get the Reg edition...

Cool. You can go with both options then.

Can you take a picture of how it looks? Might be able to offer a suggestion after seeing it.

i will take some photos when i get home tomorrow, away for the weekend.

yours looks really good, did you have to apply a lot of force to get the statue fully in base?

Back