Statue Witch-King (Ringwraith) Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had 3 pre-orders with NRDs that I wanted to cancel. I sent an e-mail to customer service, they cancelled my pre-orders and applied the NRDs in their entirety to my next order...worked out very well.

Very cool of them to take care of their customers that way.....

Just got word from Sideshow regarding my cancellation. They were able to cancel my order and apply it to a future order. Thanks again to all here for the help, and major kudos to Sideshow for making this last minute change. Their customer service really is fantastic.

To those on the wait list for the exclusive, I hope my cancellation goes to one of you fellow freaks!

how come you didnt buy this?

I think i was just planning for buying Hobbit statues, and i already have the ringwraith on steed and the Morgul Lord statues, but this keeps growing on me.

Plus i also thought that if i do like it, when i see peoples photos, i can pick up the regular from a shop or website here in the UK and save on postage, tax etc. Not bothered with the ex really, as it's the ringwraith that's important.

I think i was just planning for buying Hobbit statues, and i already have the ringwraith on steed and the Morgul Lord statues, but this keeps growing on me.

Plus i also thought that if i do like it, when i see peoples photos, i can pick up the regular from a shop or website here in the UK and save on postage, tax etc. Not bothered with the ex really, as it's the ringwraith that's important.

but ex has a dagger!!! :panic:

but ex has a dagger!!! :panic:

Heya FE...how you been?

I made a similar decision....I will quote myself from the Wiki TF Maquette thread to answer the "but ex has a dagger"....for me anyway:

(Begin quote)

So after a few days of thinking this through......I think I am going to get the Reg Ed RW and display them both with no dagger, and here is why:

1- The dynamics of the blowing cloak to the right of the piece seem to be offset nicely with the outstretched fingers on the opposing hand.

2-At no point in the film is either charachter exactly as posed. In fact, the Wiki is never seen with the dagger and a sword as he is grabbing for the ring with the non-dagger hand in Wiki form. The RW does have the dagger and sword when he firsts pulls the dagger but they are both being held down at his side.

NOTE: #2 is not a bad thing. I actually like when a piece has elements of the charachter's role without trying to take a screen cap from the movie to replicate. It works well with some pieces (Boromir Maquette comes to mind) but someone as iconic as the RW has so much more that can be represented with an original pose.

3- The RW Ex gallery pics suggest that the dagger hand is turned down at a different angle than the Wiki dagger hand. Perhaps this will be corrected in shipping versions but, if not, it would certainly distract me when looking at the piece.

This is all very subjective, I know, but I would appreciate any feedback or thoughts?

(end quote)

i was just kidding around, since frodoeyes always give me a hard time.

but will definitely display him with a dagger! like dual wield poses.

Was going to keep 1 ringwraith in storage like my other lotr pieces, but now that i think about it i can probably display both ringwraith. How many ringwraith were there on weathertop, 4-5? someone should buy multiples and display them as an army :)

i was just kidding around, since frodoeyes always give me a hard time.

but will definitely display him with a dagger! like dual wield poses.

Was going to keep 1 ringwraith in storage like my other lotr pieces, but now that i think about it i can probably display both ringwraith. How many ringwraith were there on weathertop, 4-5? someone should buy multiples and display them as an army :)

5...but only the Witch-king had dagger

Got my shipping notice aswell.
It's time for a nice low edition number again.

Last edited:
Back