Statue Witch-King in True Form Statue.. Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I think this new FedEx driver is a *********.
SS sent me two replacement Storm EX heads and both came damaged.

Still, it should have been taped shut. It might have made a world of difference.
If they're not taping them shut, I don't have a lot of faith in getting one undamaged.

Ya I think this new FedEx driver is a *********.
SS sent me two replacement Storm EX heads and both came damaged.

DAMN, that sucks!

SS will take care of you, I used to have the same issues with my local FedEX dork, damaged boxes not to mention the broken statue inside. I have SS deliver it UPS, going on 5 years now with UPS and no issues.

I like FedEx though. They're cheaper here in Canada for us. This driver though I'm going to kick in the nuts if I ever see him.

I received mine on Tuesday. Nothing was broken. It's a nice piece!

I have the same misaligned robe that Drakul had a picture of. I actually didn't even notice it until I looked at his pictures. So I guess it isn't so much damage as just a slightly crude edition of that part of the robe. It should have been done better but at least it isn't in a very visible spot.

It isn't a perfect statue but it's nice. I have come to accept imperfection as I think I would just be frustrated if I tried to do exchanges for perfection.

Fremens piece is a total mess but I am guessing that damage has a lot to do with poor handling compounded by no tape on the styrofoam. Mine was taped and apparently handled more carefully as it arrived to me in good shape.

My 2 cents.

This statue is heavily glued together by the way. That's why that piece looks kinda sloppy on your guys statue.

I have one piece that is supposed to be glued on somewhere that says #14 on it. It's not broken anywhere, just came apart in shipping.

If I look at mine, I can see glue everywhere. the crown, shoulder bits, lots of the parts of the robes. I don't think you'll get any improvement as with some of these glued on pieces, they're just not a perfect fit. Looks good enough though IMO.

Wish mine came in one piece instead of 20

Ouch. That is ugly. My styrofoam was taped. I inspected my statue and can't find any of the issues mentioned by others. Maybe I'm lucky. I do think the proper way to open the foam is to lay it down with the cut out part facing down. Then lift the other half of the foam off. I did it the other way. But the parts were taped in so nothing fell out.

I noticed mine wasn't taped so i held the two pieces of styro together with my feet when I tipped it over to get it out.

You should of heard the sound when I tipped the box over. It sounded sickening. So many broken pieces inside.

I get shivers just imagining that. What an awful incident. Hope you get a perfect replacement soon Fremen!

I still haven't got any notice from SSC yet. Has anyone in Europe got theirs already? While I'm hoping (maybe against hope) they use that extra time and wrap those boxes pretty, I'm feeling quite uneasy.

No. It wasn't inspected. They just didn't tape the styro. No tape at all. That and it wasn't handled well as there was a hole in the outer box

I totally agree. No one should receive a statue in this condition. :(

before you jump the gun. i suspect this is the work of customs and the shipping company if you are receiving your statue over a border. i have NEVER received a statue from sideshow untaped. i imagine the shipping company did the damage, and customs untaped it to verify the loose rattling of broken pieces, then just threw it back together.

Nope. Whenever customs opens a statue, you are notified.

if that's accurate, the only other entity to blame would be the shipping company. i have purchased at least 300 pieces from sideshow over the years. not ONCE did they not have the styrofoam sealed with tape all around the perimeter. and i'm certainly NOT a sideshow fanboy. they have been inconsistent a tremendous amount in the last 5 years, but their shipping warehouse has always been acceptable in cost and packaging. except of course their lack of combined shipping, but that's their policy to maximize income. at least that's been my experience. i also ship when i sell FedEx ground exclusively in the US and have been happy with their consistency.

just to add, i am EXTREMELY apprehensive in getting added to the ss waitlist and then converting. i'm a new and never displayed type of collector and hate the thought that sideshow may sell me someone else's returned item.

just to add, i am EXTREMELY apprehensive in getting added to the ss waitlist and then converting. i'm a new and never displayed type of collector and hate the thought that sideshow may sell me someone else's returned item.

Sideshow does not sell returned items.

Sideshow does not sell returned items.

i have experienced first hand that they have in past, even though this may not officially be their policy. i returned an item with a very specific break and another collector received my item after his waitlist converted. i discovered this when he asked if anyone had the break problem on another board and we got to talking. fortunately i keep a very accurate inventory that lists ALL edition numbers for everything i receive. the edition number he had was the same as the one i returned.

i have experienced first hand that they have in past, even though this may not officially be their policy. i returned an item with a very specific break and another collector received my item after his waitlist converted. i discovered this when he asked if anyone had the break problem on another board and we got to talking. fortunately i keep a very accurate inventory that lists ALL edition numbers for everything i receive. the edition number he had was the same as the one i returned.

They may resell a piece that's returned simply because someone didn't like it but thats as far as it goes. They might also take a base from a broken returned statue and pair it with non-numbered item. That would be about the extent of it.

I'm still in shock regarding the condition I got this in.

In my years of posting on this board I don't recall seing a statue show up like that. It not being taped up allowed it to bounce around like crazy on top of how the shipping companies treat these things. Mine should be waiting for me at home.

Back