Statue Witch-King in True Form Statue.. Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-King in True Form Statue

aragorn was $225, then it was $250, now $275.

I've said from the start that this range would be in the $225-$275 range for regular characters and more for the larger beasts. Take out Boromir and the Snow Troll this and the Ringwraith are the tallest statues in this line. This is 4.5 inches taller than Aragorn and an inch taller than Gandalf with his base. Detail wise I think people are considering this far too simple and its something hopefully I can catpure next week during SDCC.

I've said from the start that this range would be in the $225-$275 range for regular characters and more for the larger beasts. Take out Boromir and the Snow Troll this and the Ringwraith are the tallest statues in this line. This is 4.5 inches taller than Aragorn and an inch taller than Gandalf with his base. Detail wise I think people are considering this far too simple and its something hopefully I can catpure next week during SDCC.

SSC has already increased prices across the board; PFs, 1/6 figures, statues. I'm sorry, but this argument you can't win. The prices will continue to rise as long as they sell product. It's business 101.

SSC has already increased prices across the board; PFs, 1/6 figures, statues. I'm sorry, but this argument you can't win. The prices will continue to rise as long as they sell product. It's business 101.

As long as people pay its smart business. As long as I continue to feel like I'm getting my monies worth and I can afford it I'll buy.

I've said from the start that this range would be in the $225-$275 range for regular characters

comeon josh, you are borderline delusional. There is NO RANGE, it's a price INCREASE. The 1/5 maquette is going to be $275 or higher going forward.

Fantastic piece will surely get...since i do not have the SSW one, this looks amazing...shame price keeps going up all the time...true its bigger and got more detail but still a shame...Plus with all those flowing robes and hair i bet there are gonna be alot of breakages...hope Sideshow does some great packing for this piece..
Anyway gonna be amazing displayed next to the RingWraith Maquette:yess:

comeon josh, you are borderline delusional. There is NO RANGE, it's a price INCREASE. The 1/5 maquette is going to be $275 or higher going forward.

Well we shall see.
The price increase is bit hard on the wallet for sure but like it's been said if people find it outrageous then simply don't buy it and SSC will get the message eventually.

Personally I think it's a beautiful piece and I love this line so I'm getting it so....

POed! :yess:

If the release date is March 2013 then we'll get nothing for 6 months from this line, and what we will be getting after 6 months is going to be another Ringwraith.:cuckoo:

Stick and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me. :nana:

not kidding, please forgive me i dont have every scene tattooed to my body, saw it almost 10 years ago dont remember all of it.

Relax dude. I don't have it tattooed either, I figured anyone who buys collectibles from a movie knows / remembers the main characters.

Later.

not kidding, please forgive me i dont have every scene tattooed to my body, saw it almost 10 years ago dont remember all of it.
You haven't seen this movie in 10 years, but yet you feel the need to buy $300 statues of the characters???:horror

Aragorn was $225 two years ago. Gandalf came next and brought a price increase to $250. But that was not permanent--Legolas was next and the price went back down to $225. Just because the price goes up on one piece does not mean that it will be a permanent change applied to all future pieces in the line, regardless of size and complexity. But price increases over time are inevitable.

Compare Boromir to shorter and less detailed maquettes in this and other lines, and I believe we got a great price. Same with Aragorn and Legolas. Gandalf, Gimli and Boromir deserved their $250 price. Arwen had a bit less detail and complexity but kept the $250 price tag. (I have Aragorn, Legolas and Arwen on a shelf together and I doubt that many would guess that she was the most expensive of the three.) So that was a sign that $250 was the new baseline price. The Ringwraith is a taller and more detailed piece with the same price. Twilight Witch King is also tall and even more detailed and so there is a price increase. But it will take a few more pieces before we can say that they will all be $275 from now on.

Of course, if the next piece has two characters together, I'll be ready to go even higher. Dioramas go for $300.

Aragorn was $225 two years ago. Gandalf came next and brought a price increase to $250. But that was not permanent--Legolas was next and the price went back down to $225. Just because the price goes up on one piece does not mean that it will be a permanent change applied to all future pieces in the line, regardless of size and complexity. But price increases over time are inevitable.

Compare Boromir to shorter and less detailed maquettes in this and other lines, and I believe we got a great price. Same with Aragorn and Legolas. Gandalf, Gimli and Boromir deserved their $250 price. Arwen had a bit less detail and complexity but kept the $250 price tag. So that was a sign that $250 was the new baseline price. The Ringwraith is a taller and more detailed piece with the same price. Twilight Witch King is also tall and even more detailed and so there is a price increase. But it will take a few more pieces before we can say that they will all be $275 from now on.

Of course, if the next piece has two characters together, I'll be ready to go even higher. Dioramas go for $300.

:goodpost::exactly:

Besides the price I really don't see this as a very good looking piece. It must be some of the photos but the face looks off to me and the whole thing seems to have too much heft, but I may be remembering more the Weta version (which I much prefer) as my template of what they looked like.

SS is playing a funny game here. They released a bulk of major characters at the low end, get people committed, drag a bit, let price inflation creep in, set the hook and reel us all in on price. This piece is NOT any more intricate than others, its a block of robes. Compared to armor detailing, Legolas's quiver, etc. nope. I can't see any reason for the 10% price increase over the other wraith besides the fact that they think people will pay it. Honestly I am beginning to feel like a fuddie duddie complaining about the price of bread. I can afford to buy these things but just don't feel like at these prices.

I'm curious Josh what your breaking point is price wise.

Josh is looking at a range of established prices throughout the history of the entire line. You are making assumptions and blanket statements about the potential future of the line based on the price of a single piece. There is clearly an upward trend in price over the last two years, but your assertions are a bit premature, and your charges of delusion are unwarranted until you have a bit more evidence on your side. One piece is not enough to make a definitive statement about the pricing of the next 4-6 pieces in the line.

Yes, this is the most expensive piece in the line so far. No, that is not proof positive that every piece is going to be $275 or higher going forward, as you stated. We will have to wait and see what they charge for the next single character piece under 18" tall.

You haven't seen this movie in 10 years, but yet you feel the need to buy $300 statues of the characters???:horror

sure, i like lotr & many other licenses, but dont rewatch movies. Only movie i watched more than once was the avengers. :dunno

Yeah that's what I figured. I note you post in other topical forums as well. For me I can justify the prices on the Dead line and the occasional Alien piece because those are more limited in scale. But here, these Tolkien lines are ensemble casts and the price per statue for me is critical to maintain affordability.

I was always a vintage toy collector, getting into the statues was a gateway drug to all things pop culture. I just hate having to make choices :)

Yeah that's what I figured. I note you post in other topical forums as well. For me I can justify the prices on the Dead line and the occasional Alien piece because those are more limited in scale. But here, these Tolkien lines are ensemble casts and the price per statue for me is critical to maintain affordability.

I was always a vintage toy collector, getting into the statues was a gateway drug to all things pop culture. I just hate having to make choices :)

i am holding onto lotr collection by a shoe string, it feels so tiring collecting this more than any other licenses. Partly because of the lack of updates on the fellowship like squeezing toothpaste from sideshow. And partly because of the blind fanboy attitude on this forum, discuss anything negative about lotr releases and prepared to get jumped on - have to defend it over & over in circles. Over on marvel & alien/preds, fans are much more reasonable & cool headed, you can have a good discussion about + and - for each releases.

just tired collecting this license. :thud:

Back