WIP...Ubese Mercenary...WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Felder

Super Freak
Reaction score
WIP...Ubese Mercenary...WIP..Update 03/10/2010

Hey fellas,
I had a lil time on my hand yesterday,so I could mess around and customize a few parts for my Ubese Mercenary. I gathered most parts I wanna use and now it depends on how fast they can be delivered and how much time I got on my hands.
I kinda build the figure around the Blaster.....
Please let me know what you think so far...Critics and comments are welcomed.

Ubese_WIP.jpg

Last edited:
I love those boots, I picked up a pair a while back from Monkey Depot to hopefully use for something eventually because they so cool looking, and seemed to fit a Star Wars theme really well. Though I don't remember mine having the spikes, I hope they do, Ill have to dig them out and have a look now.

Thanks guys...

@Vivisect....NO they dont have the spikes...I added them....I took them off an extra Leia/Boussh shirt I had laying around and added some to the boots and gloves.

Thanks guys...

@Vivisect....NO they dont have the spikes...I added them....I took them off an extra Leia/Boussh shirt I had laying around and added some to the boots and gloves.

Thats a nice extra touch on them, makes them match up with the gloves nicely. I picked up my pair for a Kyle Katarn I want to do someday.

looking very good. that blaster is so cool. i really like the gloves too. cant wait to see this one all put together.

Nice looking stuff so far Bobafelder... but I gotta say I liked the stock when it was black... but the brown wood color works too I suppose.

Looking great, how long until the unveil?!!!!

Here's an idea for getting some spikes. I found these little bead things in the necklace bead area of my craft store. I simply cut off the round "bead" part and flattened with a file (they are made of metal). You can glue them onto anything. They're a little larger than what you have, but you get a bunch of them in a pack.

Thanks again for your feedback.

@ the dude person....Well I thought it look a bit more rugged...I believe it will fit the theme better than the all "clean" look of a black blaster.

@ rfr5671....yeah I keep my eyes open for stuff that can be used in the dollie world :chew...but those "beads" you discovered look pretty cool...
I dunno...maybe 2-3 weeks I think....

This looks like it's gonna be an awesome custom.
BTW I like to save the brass bits from inside disposable lighters.. you know, the valves and such. they make interesting items when used for 1:6th applications.

Good Morning....
I had some more time on my hand yesterday evening,and did a few more customizations to that Ubese guy.

The first thing I did was dying those WWII US Airborne pants brown/ish....I like how that color came out. Then I dug out the Dremel and dremeled out that Sideshow Boushh helmet adapter to fit a Barrack Sgt. Neck adapter plate. After that I was pretty happy with the result...BUT...yeah a screaming BUUUUUUUUUUUUT....the breast armor wouldnt fit over the adapter nor did it fit underneath the adaptor....So I sanded that whole thing down and now it does fit the diameter of the armor...OK I thought....lets put the sideshow helmet on top to see how that fits!!! and IT DOES NOT FIT.....well...now what????? Here came the idea...just use that Thomy helmet Chakaman sent me.....and this thing fits perfectly....the only thing is,that I have to cover the neck with some kind of cloth.....I think these where the hardest tasks to take in this custom.

OK...enough of that BLA BLA BLA....here come the pics

Ubese_WIP_1.JPG

Ubese_WIP_1_2_.JPG

Ubese_WIP_1_3_.JPG

Ubese_WIP_1_1_.JPG

Last edited:
Looking good brother. I picked up a SSC Boushh Head last week to bash a Ubese Merc. I like the wooden stock on the blaster, it goes with the leather parts you are using in your figure. It gives it a 'travelled' look to me.

No...I didnt make those pants.
The pants are from the so called M 42 Jumpsuit Reinforced and was the standart US Airborne Uniform on D-Day 1944.

@Chakaman....THIS Link might help ya out

This is the whole Uniform:

M42_reinforced.jpg

Last edited:
Back