WIP Dr. Van Helsing/Peter Cushing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultramanimator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys! I've always wanted a Peter Cushing Van Helsing figure and decided I would sculpt one myself. This is my third sculpt ever and the first likeness I've ever attempted.

As you can see, I need to add the hair and ears, but I wanted to get some opinions before I move on. I'll post better photos later.

IMG_0512.jpg

Here's another photo. Again, it's an iphone photo, but I painted some hair and ears on it. And yes, that is a 1:1 Kamen Rider in the mirror, droopy antenna and all:) He likes giving sculpting advice.

cushing-1copy.jpg

Last edited:
haha looks awesome bro! Maybe add more "meat" to the cheek, then it'll be perfect!

Excellent sculpt so far! And when I saw that bottom pic I thought that was you wearing the full Kamen Rider costume while taking the photo which would have made you the most awesome person ever! HA:lol:lol

Thanks guys!!! All the comments and support are appreciated! Les, you're one of the reasons I was inspired to go for it and make my own Van Helsing. I'm having a blast!

I've beefed up the face a bit and refined it a bit. I have dozens of screen caps and photos and depending on which one you look at, Mr.Cushing can look quite gaunt.

I plan on refining even more and adding the neck, ears and hair this weekend. I'm also tempted to attempt a wax casting and save the fine detail for that phase.

I'll post better photos as I progress:)

So I've refined the structure and added some fine detail. I think I need to clean up the eyes and bit and knock back the wrinkles a little more. This weekend, I plan on adding the hair neck and head.

I also took these pics with a real camera:D

P1020653.jpg

P1020654.jpg

P1020656.jpg

That's shaping up very well , definately recognisable as Cushing . ( My all time favourite actor , by the way so don't b$^$*£%s it up!):lol

That's shaping up very well , definately recognisable as Cushing . ( My all time favourite actor , by the way so don't b$^$*£%s it up!):lol

:lol Don't worry, I take Mr. Cushing very seriously and I certainly wouldn't want to incur the wrath of the mighty Thor.

My plan is to do a 1:1 in silicone some day, so I can have a full size Van Helsing guarding my studio:D

I need to work on my photography skills, but here's a quick update. I can only work on the sculpt after work so it's slow goin'. I also want to make sure it's just right as I'm a HUGE fan of Mr. Cushing. I plan on adding the neck this weekend, but I though I'd show it with an overcoat to give the full Van Helsing effect:)

The next step will be to make a wax cast and refine the forms and add detail and hair. It'll be my first time working with wax so wish me luck!

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Man I think that is awesome! Cushing is great! I dont have any sculpting skills so hats off to you. :D cant wait to see him painted.

Back