WIP Batman Shelf: Thoughts???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zidane

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just finished Installing some new dioder strips in the detolf and this is what I'm going for in shelf 2:

View attachment 28374

View attachment 28377

View attachment 28378

View attachment 28379

View attachment 28380

I have this thing all of a sudden to display the figs with all their accessories??? For some reason it gives more of an impression that these things are really detailed. Without all the stuff it looks cleaner but I don't know, what do you guys think?

Also, Robber is on that shelf because the one under would be too low for anyone to really get a glimpse of the sculpt?

Last edited:
Re: WIP Btaman Shelf: Thoughts???

View attachment 28381

Shelf 1 is normaly for whatever I have thats the newest

View attachment 28382

In this case the light placement directly on top really works for Arnold's sculpt and my T-1000 is too bad@ss to be any lower!

I still have some other figs that are waiting to go back in (cop joker, Tak first night out bats, etc.) and I have to ziptie and hide the wires outside the detolf.

Last edited:
I understand the pose for your BR Joker.. but honestly I think it's a waste to display that figure like that.

I had him kneeling over holding the smoke canister in one hand and his other removing the mask over his head like the reveal. I used the smeared sculpt for that and it worked well but he was posed like that for the last 2 months so I figured time for a change. Since its on the 2nd shelf now you had to sort of crouch to see the face detail so I have him standing. Also, the only pose I like with the mask on is when he's pointing/shooting the gun behind him like no big deal and even then I have him facing away so the gun is pointing at whoever is looking at him, it looks more wacked out like that I think.

I understand the pose for your BR Joker.. but honestly I think it's a waste to display that figure like that.

I agree. Just keep the pose and flip him around, that's what I did.

well I mean he can keep it like that for awhile if he likes it like that. it's not like it's a statue. that's why I collect 1/6 and not premium format and such, 1:6 can be posed however we like, whenever you like. I change the poses on my figs whenever I come home for a weekend. that's what they're there for right?

I would change the poses on my figures way more often then I do if they weren't on a high shelf, and so close to each other.

I think my dad is getting my a detolf, or a book case type thing for my birthday so I can display my figures better and with more room to breathe.

I have this thing all of a sudden to display the figs with all their accessories??? For some reason it gives more of an impression that these things are really detailed. Without all the stuff it looks cleaner but I don't know, what do you guys think?

I gotta be honest - scattering the extra parts around like that doesn't look so great. It makes it look like you were playing around with the display but had to leave in the middle and haven't found the time go back and finish setting things up and moving them around.

The cash and newspaper is cool. And I can understand maybe scattering the weapons about. But the faceplates, belts, backpack, hands, extra sculpts, etc....

I don't know. I just think it doesn't work so well.

it's not like it's a statue.

Even if it were, my point still stands (you CAN turn a statue around). It's a waste to display it like that since you're not seeing the best part (head sculpt). That shot was interesting in the film.. but IMO it's not interesting at all for a collectible display.

I don't know. I just think it doesn't work so well.

While I would never personally display my stuff like that.. I think it looks cool. Reminds me of the Toy Hunters displays where they show everything off.

I like to keep accessories out, but not body parts... dismembered body parts ruins the slight "atmosphere of realism" for me.

I got the idea to keep the stuff out because thats how Forbidden planet in NYC display their HT's and though I'm not in the business of selling my figs it makes one more appealing to buy. I'll keep messing around with it to see what else works.

The Robber still doesn't bother me with its back turned. The beauty of the detolf is that it offers "360" views of anything in it and like I said before, I change it around every once in a while but the current version with him holding the mask and duffel doesn't work with him facing you; it looks like he's just standing there waiting for you to let him in for a kids party or something!!! With his back turned it makes someone wonder who the heck is that and why won't he show himself IMO.

Thanks for all the feedback, gotta figure out what I stick with for the next month or so.

Even if it were, my point still stands (you CAN turn a statue around). It's a waste to display it like that since you're not seeing the best part (head sculpt). That shot was interesting in the film.. but IMO it's not interesting at all for a collectible display.

I was just saying how these things are poseable and meant for alternate display unlike a statue which only has pretty much one display option. You can recreate many scenes with an action figure, where as a statue is usually one select pose from a scene. that's the point I was making...:peace

Do you keep your cabinet in the center of the room or against the wall?

Still moving it around but it'll be against a wall with nothing next to it to maximize the views. Ideally it would go in the center of the room but my lady isn't THAT accomodating!!!

I like to keep accessories out, but not body parts... dismembered body parts ruins the slight "atmosphere of realism" for me.

Agreed but I actually keep mine 'clean' as in just what they're holding/using. But I like the look of the joker cards etc.

Theyre his figs. He can display them in any way that he wants.

Of course, but he asked for thoughts so...

It looks like you have one strip light per shelf and only on one side ..i have 2 per each shelf and i have 2 detolfs so the bottom 2 have no lights .. do you find that one side of your shelf gets more light then the other? ..to me that seems unbalanced.

@calcifer

Where do you get detolfs here man? I havent been able to find any..

@calcifer

Where do you get detolfs here man? I havent been able to find any..

Ya dude Ikea is the only place where you can get them ...even if you are far from dublin its worth going up there as the place is huge, i also got my led diodor lights from there, the detolfs are super heavy when boxed up so if you do go up make sure you bring someone with you to help you manage them.

Back