Will you go after the UniMonsters licence again ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coriolis

Freaked Out
Reaction score
This is Halloween. What better day to ask this question ?

I know that you no longer have the Unimonsters licence (for now) and that other companies are releasing their own UM products. But do you have plans to re-acquire it ? I’d be very happy to see this happen ; as lots of collectors, I am a huge fan and purchased many items you produced for this licence.

Considering what you previously offered, I think there is room for :
- Premium Formats Figures :
Invisible Man, Metaluna Mutant, Frankenstein the Revenant (see here for a door you opened for this specific character)

- Life-size busts
All the above.

- 1/5 statues
A complete line-up to go with the very lonely Nosferatu.

- LSBs
Also a complete line-up.

So, what are the chances ? Good ? Or pretty good ? :monkey3

Since all traces of Universal have been removed from the site, the breakup prolly wasn't pretty.

And considering Sideshow had already finished products set for release when they lost the license, it must have been ugly.

I'm not really sure if SSC lost the U-license in a horrible way. The license was granted and paid for as with any license, but Uni has raised the fees for the classic monsters so high, it was most likely no feasible for SSC to continue it. Most of the time it's really that simple.. the only other time a granted license may be pulled with legal action (not saying this was the case) is if the producer is negligent with it or it's images... Bottom line SSC decided not to continue the license, Universal I'm sure would grant it if they were willing to pay for it.

Bottom line SSC decided not to continue the license, Universal I'm sure would grant it if they were willing to pay for it.

They lost the licesne. Mid way through producing Universal products. They didnt just decide to stop, Universal pulled the license from Sideshow.

As with any license . . . the root cause/reason is always . . . about

$

End of story . . . for now . . . or until more $ gets involved and an agreement is reached/restored or given to another sucker . . . UH . . . licensee other than Sideshow granted by those greedy bastards . . . UH . . . copyright holders Universal.

I'm sure they will. They seemed to love doing the Uni stuff since thats part of how they got started. I know several friends would love it when and if they get to go back to working on this license.

I'm sure they will. They seemed to love doing the Uni stuff since thats part of how they got started. I know several friends would love it when and if they get to go back to working on this license.
I am not sure there bank accounts would like it to much.

Back