Will Toys McCoy Indy survive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 1/6 figures, refinements come in leaps as the years roll by, and SS Indy is no exception, particularly in the production quality and crispness of the body, outfit and accessories. However, I think the McCoy version captured Indy's essence and "life" more effectively. Considering when it was made, the production quality and craftsmanship were excellent, which was well reflected in the cost...in other words, you got what you were paying for, IMO. Compare this to the relatively expensive Cotswold Germans back in the 90's, considering the "pioneering" customization that these figures needed since there were still no parted out Dragons around.

Anyway, I think the SS Indy needs a lot of work, just as the McCoy Indy needed some minor tweaking and paint touch-ups. I've put my SS on the McCoy horse, since he has gloved hands, but here are pics of my McCoy Indy, taken very late at night, at the spur of the moment (an excuse for the shoddy photography!)

IndyMcCoy1.jpg
IndyMcCoy4.jpg

IndyMcCoy2.jpg

Last edited:
Always wanted that figure, I think for its time it was a masterpiece. I still have the jpg pictures saved of it, its box, all the accessories..

I always thought the Mccoy version was great for its time as well. But really looking at it its not accurate at all to the film. The likeness looks nothing like harrison ford. To get a really nice accurate Indy you have to put him together yourself imo. Sideshows was great and all but it was lacking in areas.

Back