Will Sideshow ever make their own version of the Medicom dolls?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When will sideshow offer their own versions of the dolls Medicom has already made?

• Never

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • 1 year after Medicom's release

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 2 years after Medicom's release

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Sideshow will eventually get to them but it's not a priority right now

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jedi_Mike said:
Exactly, thanks. :rock

It'd make sense too to do an ESB Boba before an ROTJ Boba, while yes he was at Jabba's Palace and it'd work, they made a Bespin Han Solo for a reason, I'd think its safe to assume that we'll be getting a Bespin Leia, Bespin Lando and most likely a ESB Boba Fett with the beloved Han in Carbonite offering around there as well....

Not so sure about that. A 1/6th Boba Fett in ROTJ garb has never been done. With all the 12" Bobas -- Kenner/Hasbro, Medicom, Marmit -- its always been ESB green gauntlets and green jetpack.

I think SS may decide to be the first to make a ROTJ Fett.

I was under the impression that this coming from MediCom this year:

MedicomToy-RAH-Bobafett-001.jpg

Was the ROTJ version....or at least supposed to be the ROTJ version....

EDIT: Nevermind....googled the ESB/ROTJ differences....the thing is since ROTJ was in 1/4 formatting we'll probably still get an ESB first...

The differences between ESB Boba and ROTJ Boba are much more obvious than the difference between OT Vaders... and people seem to want all 4 Vaders. So certainly those same people would want both Bobas.

The differences are pretty distinct if they are pulled out and its mostly color variation.

ESB:
300px-Bobafett.jpg

ROTJ:
GGSbobafett23.jpg

Wor-Gar said:
Yeah, its not just gauntlets and jetpack colors that change -- its also the jumpsuit, the cape, and the belt and pouch arrangement.

Boba's blaster rifle is also different in each film. I'm hoping Medicom do a ROTJ variant along with the ESB version that's already set for release so I can get 2 versions of what will be the definitive 1/6 figure of my favorite SW character. I think Sideshow will make 1/6 Boba at some point but based on their current 1/6 figures it's going to take a hell of an improvement in all areas for them to come anywhere close to Medicom.

ESB:
300px-Bobafett.jpg

Mike, that's not an ESB version. That's a promo Fett. You can see the difference in the Yellow right Gauntlet, different blaster, flamethrower etc.

Wow...Three Fett variations? (Five if you count the Christmas Special and the McQuarrie Concepts)

Hey Scarlet you have custom Fetts from both films right?, could you post your pics here?

EVILFACE said:
Not sure which is funnier: someone making this poll or the tools that voted never :lol

Exactly. Like SS will never make a suited Vader, Boba Fett or Stormies? Yeah right.

Back