Will Hot Toys damage their brand by distributing Sideshow figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sideshow and Hot Toys can then coexist together, in the trash.

It won't matter who did what better with heads, limbs and body parts mixed all over the place.

Is Sideshow's brand hurt when they distribute Medicom?

[/thread]

Sideshow and Hot Toys can then coexist together, in the trash.

It won't matter who did what better with heads, limbs and body parts mixed all over the place.
Yeah, you tell 'em! Don't forget to, um, send your trash bag full of Batman and Terminator figures over to me for proper disposal.

If I do that, I need your word that you'll dispose of them properly. In fact, I'll need pics just like Sideshow requires with their replacement policy (a better policy than Hot Toys' lack of any customer service by the way).

Don't lie to me Kara, I'm very fragile!

Hey, don't knock Hot Toys' customer service. They always responded to me, telling me that they weren't going to do anything to resolve my problems.

What problems? Hot Toys products never have problems.

Simple answer is yes. The more sideshow junk hot toys sells the hotter the sun will get. It'll keep keep getting brighter and brighter as hot toys pushes the remaining bounty hunters and jawas and Ewoks. Eventually the sun will explode and destroy the earth. Which will clearly be sideshow's fault.

Man, I hope this dolly hobby dies soon. It's just not fun any more.

I don't want to sound like a hipster, but it was better a few years ago. Now we all sound like a bunch of little whiny brats with brand preferences and not much else.

Speak for yourself! I've got a brand preference but its based on a high degree of customer satisfaction over multiple purchases as opposed to endless face palming and buyer remorse.

Actually, you picked a bad time to say the hobby isn't fun anymore. Just two hours ago I got a loose Ht Luke head I bought for a Jedi luke custom in the post and that thing is incredible - not perfect, but a great sculpt and paint job nonetheless and I know I'm going to enjoy owning it (and making the custom). It's a work of art. Compare that with owning something that has a flat, two dimensional paint job but cost a bomb to obtain. There's no fun in that, that's for sure. I look at Luke X-wing and think, maybe it'll be okay... but no. We all know it's going to be garbage, and the gap between what you want it to be and what it will arrive as is no fun at all.

But since you feel so strongly about whiners, maybe I've got the hobby all wrong? How can I be a better collector? :)

That HT Luke sculpt is not great. Pretty crazy that they've had about 20 attempts at Stark and still can't get it down. They really need to start headhunting from Sideshow (Trevor Grove particularly) and Masterworks, because I think those guys more consistently nail likenesses.

Man, I hope this dolly hobby dies soon. It's just not fun any more.

I don't want to sound like a hipster, but it was better a few years ago. Now we all sound like a bunch of little whiny brats with brand preferences and not much else.

its gotten very political, yes. I really hope SSC gets their paint apps up to HT level cause from a customer standpoint, its a beautiful thing to have options. Here is hoping their Hoth Han and Luke are grandslams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back