Wild Toys Leather Jacket problem 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gogul1

Super Freak
Reaction score
hi guys I ordered a Wild Toys brown leather jacket for a custom figure but when it came the damn thing was breaking up. I complained to 7toy7 and they are sending a new one out but I don't want the same thing to happen. Anyone got any experience with these and know how to put them on without this happening?

54916638cfe34552c7a63d8abf4f3491.jpg
3a9395f5a6cd8c78ad57c2b299a231a5.jpg
1a117424b77bfe8e0d059ed5f15cb746.jpg

It's not anything you did, it's a chemical reaction that has to do with the pleather breaking down. Possibly because it is reacting to something it touched at some point and that basically sort of just made it start going rotten. Or possibly it was just a bad batch of pleather. I had exactly the same thing happen with a DID German Coat I very recently got from Monkeydepot (which they refunded right away when I told them about it). As soon as I took it out of the little ziplock it was in, I could see it was crumbling and peeling and in the days since it has gotten a lot worse possibly because the air is making it break down faster -- which looking at your pictures seems to be what is happening with your jacket.

Really, I don't think there is really anything you can do about it except wait for the new jacket -- which will probably be fine. I've got a ton of "leather" jackets I've bought for my 1/6 dudes over the years and this is the first one that's ever gone rotton on me, so it's not that common an occurrence and I think we just both had bad luck.

Well the new one came and although it isn't as obvious on this one it still happened. Its small at the moment but will not be surprised if it happens again and disintergrates as bad as the first one
31e32a1032829c592dd1c327ef154dc1.jpg
7616c361116cdbfef565b08b2b070a5c.jpg

It's a little late now but to help this from happening is to spray, the jacket or whatever you have that is pleather with dull coat.
Then wait 24hours or so and then rub Armor All on it then let it soak in for a bit,then blot off the excess with a paper towel.

If it's already doing that, then yeah, it's all going to rot away. I wonder if Wild Toys used a defective batch of pleather for all of these jackets because two in a row going bad is not a great sign.

And this is why I use real leather to make stuff. With good care the leather can last 60+ years.

Yeah I'm surprised it happened again. But this time it hasn't gotten too bad yet. Shame though as this jacket is perfect for my figure. *Sigh

Back