Wii Ware Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magman3

Super Freak
Reaction score
I checked several pages back and didn't see a topic about Wii Ware games (I understand most people aren't playing Wii anymore). I just recently got a new house and we made our extra bedroom the "play room" for my daughter. We got her a Wii for xmas (actually just gave her my old unit with new games) but I've found myself getting stuck in the play room as of late due to my wife watching back episodes on the dvr. I'm wanting to play something new on the wii so I thought I'd try a Wii Ware game since there really isn't any "cheap" titles that look good enough to drop money on. Here's my question...what games are worth the $10-15?

I've heard good stuff about these titles:

Nyx Quest
Lost Winds 2
Toki Tori
World of Goo

Also, a seperate question...How does Homebrew work? I'm interested in installing it on my Wii but I keep reading different things about the versions of Homebrew to install. One of the ones that was suggested to me is Bannerbomb.

We had a thread a while back that went nowhere: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34044

World of Goo is a must.
The Bit Trip games are all pretty fun.
Cave Story is a must if you don't have it on any other platform
Mega Man 9 & 10 are fantastic. I liked 9 more than 10 though.
The Phoenix Wright games are great, but they're straight ports of the DS game.
I enjoyed Lit - It's a horror themed puzzle game

There's a lot more to like on there, but those are a few I own that popped immediately into my head.

We had a thread a while back that went nowhere: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34044

World of Goo is a must.
The Bit Trip games are all pretty fun.
Cave Story is a must if you don't have it on any other platform
Mega Man 9 & 10 are fantastic. I liked 9 more than 10 though.
The Phoenix Wright games are great, but they're straight ports of the DS game.
I enjoyed Lit - It's a horror themed puzzle game

There's a lot more to like on there, but those are a few I own that popped immediately into my head.

Yeah, that thread was pretty old! I'm leaning toward trying out World of Goo and the videos for Nyx Quest look pretty good too. I just checked a video for Lit...not a bad looking game either. I hear that you can get World of Goo for free for the PC and doesn't take much to play it (PC spec wise) so maybe I'll try Lit and Nyx for now.

There are some great games on Wii Ware, but I kinda have the feeling that Nintendo practically left it to die recently.

Back