Why Sideshow???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started collecting Sideshow the day they announced they were producing the "Planet of the Apes" line. :banana :banana :banana

Then I got hooked on their Hellboy stuff...

Then on their Premium Format Star Wars figures...

Then their impending 12" Star Wars lines...

And finally I cannot wait for those 1/4 PF Hobbits!

This domino effect is killing my wallet!:horror

Though the Ape line may opened the door, it is Sideshow's commitment to quality on every level that has kept me at Sideshow's doorstep. I believe they have the greatest stable of artists and sculptors in the business. Their graphics design team is umatched. Thanks to them, I CAN NOT throw away any of their damn boxes! :banghead

And I forever wait for Sideshow's new license announcements... hoping against hope that they have landed yet another film or TV favorite property.:rolleyes:

I came for the Universal Monsters. I stayed for the quality, but I really miss the UM 8 inch, and I'm worried about the UM 12 inch.

i first started with the LOTR line and then the 1/1 pred bust was coming out that changed it all i got hooked on this and now im hooked on the 1/4 scale because of there quility on the likeness of the characters
exilent work sideshow:rock

I would agree with Slayerverse98, it was the Buffy range that got me really hooked on Sideshow 12" although I had already started to collect the Bond figures.
Over time I have added the X Files and Highlander figures, as well as some Universal monsters to my slowly expanding collection as Buffy releases have slowed down somewhat. I also have one premium format figure and some statues. I have no doubt that I will collect some (probably most) of the Star Wars 12" and selected premium format LOTR (I have the 3 NECA 18" figures and for the price, they are awesome.)

However, I do have one rather major whinge. Do Sideshow have a problem with authority figures? We have a Q, but no M (or Moneypenny) in the Bond range, we have Mulder and Scully but no Skinner in the X Files range and most importantly, (especially when you read this thread and see how many people were originally drawn to S/S by Buffy,) we have no Giles. I believe Brant said he was "top of a list." Well please get him off the list and into the box! Before Dave tells me he won't sell I would check any forum relating to S/S's Buffy line and the absence of Giles is a major complaint.

I have an "ancient" Playmates Star Trek 12" collection which is incomplete because one crew member was never released. I have a major fear that my Buffy? Bond / X Files collections will end up similarly scarred!

Before Dave tells me he won't sell I would check any forum relating to S/S's Buffy line and the absence of Giles is a major complaint.

Dude, I'm firmly in the "Giles" camp!

Right after they do Sweet....

Back