Why no Terminator 3 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popsalute did T3 figures, which surprisingly were licensed, but after these they went kaput I believe:

pops_t800_22.jpg

popt850_2_big_statuesfigures8.jpg

DSC_2574.JPG

Figures are ok I guess. I have the T-X and is ok, needs a heavy repaint. I've seen some on ebay going for crazy bucks.

Leaving aside the arguments of how silly it is for both companies to apparently forgo everything else in favor of one upping each other with Terminator......

But why no T3 ?
Is it owned by a different studio? (I know the Terminator license has changed hands multiple times)

I know the movie wasn't nearly as good but Arnie was just as good in it, and it would allow them to show something different at least.

Some different accessories - like the gun coffin - and even just different guns would be nice.

And the battle damage was by far the most interesting due to the ability of modern special effects.

Come on HT and EB ....whose first? :rotfl

The movie blew, the actors were horrible and cheesy, and Arnie was too damn old to take seriously. :lol

Salvation looses major points for not being a "real" Terminator movie, but nevertheless it is still an excellent Sci-fi movie on it's own merits.

T3, on the other hand, was a terrible and campy movie even if it stayed true to the formula, it's the equivalent of 'Batman & Robin' in the Batman movie franchise.

That being said, there's lots of excellent Stan Winston designs from T3 like the TX and the robot drones, which are every bit as good as their designs on other films so there's really no reason to skip T3.

-

Last edited:
I like the robot designs and some other things like the ending but IMO T3 is durge and i'm a humongous Terminator fan.

The movie blew, the actors were horrible and cheesy, and Arnie was too damn old to take seriously. :lol

Simple and to the point.

Every franchise has its T3. Except Lord of the Rings (although if I had to watch the extended versions back to back I'd consider that soft torture.)

That movie was so bad that many fans, actors, producers, studios and directors simply pretend it never existed.

Wow , can't believe what I'm reading...

T3 was only okay but the fights, the violence,the coldness....its all great stuff, unlike Salvation.

And think off a HT T3 with that coffin ??? Loken with exchangable arms ?? :pray:

I own two of those pop salute T850 and man that figure is rough ... But it sets a stone of what a Terminator DX should be like in terms of accessories.

I just never dug the premise..

I think the actress did her job well.. but ultimately, multiple factors let T3 down.

The only reason I tuned in was for Arnold to be honest..

Back