1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

Breaking News. Cassian Andor Live Action series with Diego Luna coming to Disney's TV.

We might have a chance to add him to the collection after all.

Wow, did not expect that but sounds like a pretty cool idea.

Strange though that they don't seem as concerned with over-saturation on the TV side of things.

Never made sense not to make both male leads from a very successful film.
Bring on cassian!

Ok, so ... what's the chance they will bring back Director Krennic in this? Close to zero? Probably. One can hope ...

Interesting... hope this shows more into the extremist side with Guerrera and his rebels... aliens...

*Ahemmm* Two-tubes

Hopefully we get a Cassian from this! Amongst other things, I can’t wait! If we can get a Director Krennic and some new Imperials I’d be totally down for that too.

Only problem is he'll probably be in a different outfit so it may not fit as well in your RO collection...

Only problem is he'll probably be in a different outfit so it may not fit as well in your RO collection...

He could be wearing the exact same outfit at some point either. We'll have to wait and see. Anyway, i'm curious to see what the show will bring. At the very least, it could help in filling a few imperial slots in the collection. With some luck, even a Director Krennic guest appearance :pray:

Strange choice. He's kind of obscure as a standalone focus, but maybe they'll add in some classic characters for him to go up against. He was definitely solid in the movie, but he certainly wasn't screaming for a standalone story to me - other than the fact he'd been on a lot of missions so fuel for episodes.

My guess is that the bigger idea here is that this is in essence Rogue One - the series. So a series set amidst the "world" of ANH/OT with all the familiar visuals, so that is a cool thing, regardless of who they center the show on.

It does of course have that strange reality that you know he dies pretty soon, but maybe that can work.

While it seems like a strange choice for him to get a series it also brings the opportunity for K2SO to come back. Personally I’d be more interested in seeing more Jyn but I’ll check the series out. Either way more Original Trilogy era stuff is welcome.

While it seems like a strange choice for him to get a series it also brings the opportunity for K2SO to come back. Personally I’d be more interested in seeing more Jyn but I’ll check the series out. Either way more Original Trilogy era stuff is welcome.

Yeah to be honest Cassian was probably the least interesting of the main characters to me. Even less than Bodhi.

Yeah, certainly not a standout or memorable SW character in my mind. He was fine, but in my memory of RO he was like a distant fourth to Jyn, Krennic and K2, even though he was in many of the same scenes. Just a bit too dour, dull and nothing much to make him memorable.

My guess is the show will be another ensemble like RO was, just with Cassian as the connecting thread. So I think the way this is being reported as "Cassian the Series" is probably not at all what it's going to be. Nobody is clamouring for that - but finally a TV series fully set in the OT, with the tone of RO.... that's something to really get excited about.

That's good news!
Looks like Di$ney is going to recycle what they have left from R1 to make this on the cheap.
Hopefully we can get the other versions of the Shoretroopers and that Tank Commander that HT teased us with awhile back.

Personally I'd be more interested in a Guardians of the Whills TV series, but that's just me. Could have had the potential to offer a very different perspective to the SW universe, while establishing more Force related lore, compared to what seems like a limited potential extension of Rogue One's espionage side of the universe.

But hey, if it means more R1 adventures, I'm in

Breaking News. Cassian Andor Live Action series with Diego Luna coming to Disney's TV.

We might have a chance to add him to the collection after all.

OMFG !!!!!

When I saw the picture/link I honestly thought that was a joke. But from the Star Wars Show, that is legit ! No rumours or maybes ! What awesome news to wake up to !

This is epic ! As others have said, anything set in that Rogue One/OT era looks great tone wise and for most of us caught the Star Wars feel. What came to mind for this TV show was more scenes and detail like the initial scene where he kills the nervous informant guy. No doubt K2SO will have to be in it. And that's a good thing. He's the best SW droid out there imo (next to R2 of course).

BUT most importantly there is now a bigger chance to get a HT Cassian. Really hope he'll have his same parka look ! I'm sure they'll work a cameo of Krennic in there somehow, just as a nod to Rogue One and to be able to make toys and merchandise which people will automatically recognise. Maybe for one episode or something. Don't know about Baze & Chirrut ? Cassian does seem to know about the Guardians of the Whills in that scene with Jyn......

Wow still can't believe this is a thing !! Going to have to watch again !

Honestly it makes pretty logical sense to me, because as a spy it gives plenty of score and reason for getting into various scrapes and adventures all over the Star Wars galaxy, in much the same way as the Madalorian does with its main character being a bounty hunter. These are flexible character types with the exact kind of lives that naturally lend themselves to the idea of an adventure serial, without the need for much set up, exposition or contrivance to get them heading into whatever the next adventure happens to be. They also lend themselves to fitting in pretty easily to any number of different types of stories that could be told.

On paper, at least, Disney seems to be playing things pretty smart so far, as far as their proposed Star Wars live action tv content goes.

And yes, I imagine we'll definitely get a Cassian figure now... :lol

I'd also be down with 'wandering samurai' style Star Wars show or miniseries with Baze and Chirrut at some point, kind of like a Star Wars version of Kung Fu... :lol

If they are going to do Cassia , they should release Baze and Tank Commander as well as making Krennic to make it into a wave.

Back