1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love for Hot Toys Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

In terms of just these figures, I think Jyn's pose is kinda half-assed. It looks like here legs could be in more of an action stance, and her shoulders could be moved a bit forward to make it look like her arms are actually pointing the gun out. Maybe a little ab crunch... Not sure if that would help, but she looks the most static of them all. Her FS IMO is kinda dull as well. Should've given her an expression.

Her hair came out jet black (proto was brown) like HT ANH Han's did - I guess brown is harder to do?

Also, that pic's not the greatest angle on her headsculpt, especially the hair.

Chirrut and K2SO figs look great as always.

Her hair came out jet black (proto was brown) like HT ANH Han's did - I guess brown is harder to do?

Also, that pic's not the greatest angle on her headsculpt, especially the hair.

Chirrut and K2SO figs look great as always.

Yes, I think the hair is also making the biggest difference. Will need to see it in hand and see if a dry brush touch up could be needed. I've never done something like that on a figure before (model ships etc yes), but I'm sure there is someone who will try if it's needed.

OK so I've got Hot Toys strategy worked out. Saw this pic and see that they have done the figures on the left. Now just need to do the figures on the right.

Zpj3x5r.jpg

:lol Had the same reaction when seeing that picture. Now to find Empire version of that poster and see if Krennic is indeed at the far right as well.

To op, because only a handfull of people would by those figures. Hot toys knew what they were doing only producing Churrit, jyn and k2s0 they were really the only ones worth making, had memorable lines and were charismatic characters, baze would be nothing had chirrut not been in the movie, and dk was a joke even takin and vader knew this which was why he was treated the way he was by his superior officers. His complency allowed rogue one to happen. Finally Cassian wasn't a good dude he let people die to save his own ass and almost killed Jyn's father even after he knew that he may have been able to help them destroy the death star, the only reason he didn't is because he had the hots for jyn. They weren't charismatic characters, in any other movie they would have been an after thought, a lot of screen time isnt the only criteria for whether a figure should be made or not

Maybe this is more like the lineup of HT figures we need (with Krennic) :)

Cu_8fmnUAAA6yYX.jpg

We need more heroes though :lecture

While I want a Krennic, I most definitely would rather have Cassian since K2SO is pretty much incomplete without him.

:lol There's what 5-6 new heroes in the movie and 1 new villain.

Not to mention that said villain was the driving force behind creation of the death star with a killer costume to boot. Beyond Jyn and K2 the heroes were forgettable. Cassian did have a pretty cool parka though.

Director Krennic with his white tunic would make lovely display along with 2 Death Troopers! :clap

Now now there's no need to debate Cassian vs. Krennic. They're both completely essential!

Especially Cassian.... :)

Hey guys this is off topic to Anakin, but I just need to ask. I had a waitlist order that converted, and I won't be at the address it's currently shipping so would you recommend changing it. I know you need to sign, and I might be able to get someone there to do so, but Im not sure if they let you know what day its coming so you give a signature. Also if you miss the day it arrives and can't give a signature that day will they come back or what. If anyone knows please let me know. Ive only bought Hot Toys at Disneyland or other stores so this is my first sideshow.com order.

:goodpost: Perfect wishlist. 3 down, 5 to go.

Will have to update my sig if you don't mind :p

No problem [emoji12]

They'd probably never do him, but Saw would look pretty good on shelf.

No, but otherwise that group would be great.

Hey guys this is off topic to Anakin, but I just need to ask. I had a waitlist order that converted, and I won't be at the address it's currently shipping so would you recommend changing it. I know you need to sign, and I might be able to get someone there to do so, but Im not sure if they let you know what day its coming so you give a signature. Also if you miss the day it arrives and can't give a signature that day will they come back or what. If anyone knows please let me know. Ive only bought Hot Toys at Disneyland or other stores so this is my first sideshow.com order.

I have all my stuff held at the nearest UPS or FedEx location for pickup. I have a UPS shipper account so it's free, but might cost you $5 to have it held otherwise. All in all, a good deal to ensure you get the collectible in hand with no issues...

Director Krennic with his white tunic would make lovely display along with 2 Death Troopers! :clap

Agree, I think most people want that setup. You would think Hot Toys would be savvy to that, to therefore drive Death trooper sales and at least have the main villain of the film.

Maybe their tactic is to release Krennic later to sell all the remaining Death Trooper figures out there ???

Agree, I think most people want that setup. You would think Hot Toys would be savvy to that, to therefore drive Death trooper sales and at least have the main villain of the film.

Maybe their tactic is to release Krennic later to sell all the remaining Death Trooper figures out there ???

I'll be keeping mine around until we hopefully see him. Surely they'll make him. Tarkin first... Krennic next? Would love to see that.

Back