Why no love for the DC Direct 13" Shazam?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman/Darrel

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I know it's not the greatest figure ever made or a HT but IMO it's a pretty good figure. It's head sculpt is pretty good, although I do wish the pant job had a little more darker skin tone, other than that it's right on the money as far as the look of Capt Marvel. And the costume is pretty much perfect.

Like I said, He ain't 100% perfect but you tell me of a figure that is 100% perfect that EVERYONE agrees with and I'll eat my hat. I like this figure, Then again I have always been a fan of Shazam, But still I think this figure is worth getting and talking about.

This one is mine.
shazamfigure3.jpg

A few official pics
shazam7.jpg

shazam1c.jpg

Lets talk Shazam!!!. :)

Last edited:
I don't like any of the 13" DC Direct figures. :lol

What I did like though, was the old 70s Shazzam TV show if anyone remembers that!

I haven't checked it out in years, but it was pretty cool from memory. :)

I don't like any of the 13" DC Direct figures. :lol

What I did like though, was the old 70s Shazzam TV show if anyone remembers that!

I haven't checked it out in years, but it was pretty cool from memory. :)
Got it on DVD, Still hokey as hell but it's still fun to watch. :)

As for the 13" DC Direct figures. Like I said, They ain't as good as HT but some of them are still pretty good figures to get and I'm pretty happy with mine. :)

Those figures are pretty good specially if you can find them at 30 to 40 bucks on e-bay. Just gotta pose them in a way that doesn't show off those horrible mid-muscle cuts.

Yeah, they are nice for what they are. I have the classic Batman. But they are just one step above something Mattel or Hasbro would pump out, so they aren't going to appeal to many high end collectors. They are also too large to be in-scale with other 1/6 scale figures. Some of those sculpts were quite nice, though.

I liked the sgt rock figure they made years ago, Thats my favorate of the whole line. The only thing I don't like is the outta scale size of them, if they just would went with 12 1/2 inch size they would maybe just looked like big superhero guys, but the 13 inch size is just to over the top and makes them look like giants:(

I like the figure and have had him for years. The main problem I've had with the series is the crappy bodies and scale. Some of the sculpts are very good and most of the costumes are nice.

Yeah, they are nice for what they are. I have the classic Batman. But they are just one step above something Mattel or Hasbro would pump out, so they aren't going to appeal to many high end collectors. They are also too large to be in-scale with other 1/6 scale figures. Some of those sculpts were quite nice, though.

I liked the sgt rock figure they made years ago, Thats my favorate of the whole line. The only thing I don't like is the outta scale size of them, if they just would went with 12 1/2 inch size they would maybe just looked like big superhero guys, but the 13 inch size is just to over the top and makes them look like giants:(
I completely agree with the size complaint. They are too big for the 1/6 HTs or any other figures you may have. But as far as Shazam goes I've always thought of him as a tall Big Guy so the fact that he's bigger than my other figures kinda works for me. ;) LOL

Am I remembering it wrong, or was there also a cartoon section to the show as well??

That came later in the 80's. There was a super powered teen musical show that had the Shazam cartoon. The Kid Super Power Hour with Shazam. Live actors doing silly stuff that introduced the cartoons.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOPB2r7lWII[/ame]

The Shazam DCD 13's is one of my favorite head sculpts.

The DC Direct Dark Knight joker was a really nice figure. I really liked that one.

I also got the DC Direct Rorschach for 20 shipped. Best 20 bucks I've spend.

I love the DC Direct V for vendetta as well. That one looks great too.

Back