Why no love for Silver Screen Horror 1/4 PF's?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had these been released when the films themselves were produced they would certainly have the following of Star Wars or LOTR. The average collector isn't likely to go after something so "antiquated."

I love the films, and think these are great; I just don't have the display area for them.

Now this thread is making me feel bad for not owning ALL of these and going to SS right now and doing it. Too bad I'm broke right now, I want that Phantom, Chenny is the champ!

I love them too.
I have all colour versions and plan on buying all SSE too. For now only Frankenstein and LAM in SSE.
If I had the funds I'd buy Phantom, Wolfman and Dracula too at those discounts.
But there is just too many new stuff I bought, like The Mummy, Drcaula Bust, Lurtz, Frodo and Jaws...

I've been on the see-saw since Spooktacular about whether to give one of the vintage monster PFs a shot. I took the plunge and just ordered the SSE Dracula. At that price point, I really couldn't pass it up. He's my favorite of the classic monsters and he looks classy in B&W. Plus I think his outfit does the PF line justice. Only my second PF next to Lurtz, but I have a feeling I'm on my way to building a PF collection.

The SSE PF Frankie turned me off. I liked vampyre, but the second one to arrive was Frankie and it became all or nothing for me. I sent back Frankie, which looked like a DOLL. Then sold my vampyre and cancelled the rest of the SSE's. I think Dracula is the one to get and Vampyre was really good. No SSE's for me. I think the color versions are better because I see the world in color and not black and white. I find color versions more scary.

They are all nice, but everything comes down to space as a collector. These PF's are pretty big and their boxes are huge. I've seen the majority of these SSE Monster's in person and they are very nice. Teetering with thoughts of picking up the Wolf Man with the discount crossed my mind a few times. I found myself wavering back and forth but ultimately couldn't pull the trigger on the purchase. I have enough room for a bunch of Star Wars PF's (I already have the Obi Wan, Leia, & Han plus the Jaws Maquette). Once, I obtain the Darth Vader PF, I'm definately gonna slow down unless something else really catches my eye. Instead of being a completist, I'd just assume collect in moderation without overtaking space. It's not that I don't have the love for the SSE Monsters line...because I really enjoy the line. It all comes down to space and staying away from cluttering an area of my home with "too much."

JSAuctionService said:
SSE Dracula PF now shows as sold out. Discounted price = shown love!

JS :)

Wow, glad I didn't continue waiting like I was thinking of doing. :D

ok, not to sound like a complete idiot... but what is the difference other than not being in color?? are they the same pose and everything?? (i like the B&W because they are how i remember watching most of them)

Same pose, just differen't color (or lack of) I like them too due o that's how they look in my mind. Plus it just seems creepier.

far as I know the only one that has any difference from color to B&W, other than paint, is the Vampyre. They made a few adjustments from the color which has a pole to support him and I think the base is new for the SSE Vampyre too.

thanks....i think i might pick up the wolfman. maybe even the phantom of the opera too. only problem is that now im gonna have to search for the bela lugosi SSE dracula to go with them.:monkey3

hairlesswookiee said:
thanks....i think i might pick up the wolfman. maybe even the phantom of the opera too. only problem is that now im gonna have to search for the bela lugosi SSE dracula to go with them.:monkey3

I almost picked up the SSE Wolfman with the $20 gift card. A PF figure for around $100 is a steal. But I just bought the SSE Dracula (still waiting for it to ship), and didn't want to spend another $100 so close to the holidays. But it might be something worth considering if you are thinking of picking up some of the SSE figures that are on sale.

choopie said:
I almost picked up the SSE Wolfman with the $20 gift card. A PF figure for around $100 is a steal. But I just bought the SSE Dracula (still waiting for it to ship), and didn't want to spend another $100 so close to the holidays. But it might be something worth considering if you are thinking of picking up some of the SSE figures that are on sale.

cool... where did you score the Dracula from?? i think im gonna jump on the Phantom PF and then grab the Dracula sometime in Feb. after the 1st quarter shipments cool down and i get a chance to get some money together.

it's definately a tough time to purchase one of those SSE UM's around this time of year. Even with the thoughts of picking up a Wolfman (w/ my $10 GC), I've got alot of christmas shopping to get done. I requested that SSE Wolfman as a gift suggestion after my wife asked. But she's not very good at internet shopping and I don't want to get her started buying stuff on the internet too (she's a spender)...especially since she's never purchased anything over the internet before...

hairlesswookiee said:
cool... where did you score the Dracula from?? i think im gonna jump on the Phantom PF and then grab the Dracula sometime in Feb. after the 1st quarter shipments cool down and i get a chance to get some money together.

I actually picked up Dracula from Sideshow, right before it sold out. Good timing. :)

Back