Why no love for Cyclops?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooMooEgg

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the advent of the X-23 Comiquette thread, I was wondering why we don't have more Cyclops statues. Marvel's definitely pushing and reworking him into more of a hardened leader, so I'd think now would be the time to push a statue of him.

If SS made a PF or Comiquette of him, which costume would you like to see? I'd love to see the newest one (from Astonishing) with a swap out head so you can choose him with hair hidden or exposed.

Astonishing_XMen_SC_v2_lg.jpg

CYCLOPS.jpg

I want a Jim Lee Cykes over anything else. It's just a matter of time.

I agree with you about the Astonishing version, and the change-o-head would be an excellent choice for an Exclusive.

Honestly though, I want a Cyclops Premium Format version before a comiquette. And of course, a Daredevil PF first and foremost.

Cyclops would be awesome. But he would just start me wanting X-Men figures, and that would be a bad thing. Way too many of them.

I love Cyclops. Again, another character SS has made nothing of..... except for the X-men vs Sentinel Dio,
but that shouldn't really count.

(thanks for starting this thread :D )

Cyclops is by far my favorite comic character and I have been praying that Sideshow will release him in PF/Comiquette form. They, however, think that it better to release 5th tier, obscure, characters instead of the key X characters that longtime X fans want.

I'll probably be getting the Bowen Modern Cyclops sometime, but I would love a Cyclops Comiquette or a PF would be even better. I prefer the version with his hair exposed, I guess you can call it the modern version. Him and Wolverine have always been my 2 favorite male X-Men.

(thanks for starting this thread :D )

Cyclops is by far my favorite comic character and I have been praying that Sideshow will release him in PF/Comiquette form. They, however, think that it better to release 5th tier, obscure, characters instead of the key X characters that longtime X fans want.

I'm not quite sure of their strategy as of late either, but I will trust their judgment and hope to see a Cyclops PF in the not-so-distant future.

It seems Marvel is pulling the strings more and more on which pieces sideshow makes. Its obvious that the characters Sideshow is allowed to make are based on which character Marvel wants to push. (X-23, Punisher, Ghost Rider). I don't think the X-23 commiquette looks bad...but there are soo many others that should have been made first (like cyclops).

Although I do read Wolverine comic books, I must admit that I'm out of the loop on the X-Men. Are you telling me that Cyclops is now bald?

I think the choice is Cyclops with exposed hair, or hair completely covered by his mask, like Spider Man.

It is puzzling that we haven't seen any of the most easily recognizable X-Men. Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Beast, etc.

While the Jim Lee style has its fans its honestly pretty low on the list of Cykes I want done.

First would be the traditional Silver Age costuming:

cyclops.jpg

Next would be the First Class uniform (in fact I want the whole team like this in either PF or Comiquette):

x-men_first_class_vol_2_6p.jpg

Then Astonishing, then Jim Lee. But that's just my preference.

Personally I dislike the outfits that look like they have underwear on the outside of their outfit. I've never understood why comic characters got drawn that way.

Back