Why no internal art boxes for some pieces?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me about it. At my work place the word is I collect dolls. And to boot, the receptionist looked at me one day and said that if she new me in high school and I collected these statues, I would be the type of kid she would beat up!:gun

And now she's a receptionist. :monkey5

i don't display everything i own all at the same time. pieces get rotated and go in and out of their boxes. i receive a sideshow piece w/no inner box and guess what sideshow, it's coming right back to you for a refund! :mad:

Well, let's get something straight here.....

I read many threads saying that as long the statue is intact, who cares about the box? The fact is that most of us care about having a nice looking box that gives extra protection to the piece. We spend hundreds of dollars on these statues and we would like it to arrive as safely as possible, in a box that has great art on it and most of the time tells a story about the piece. That is what the Graphic Design Department is for....

It is just great to know that Sideshow spend a good amount of time making the packing looking great. After all, they are high end collectibles, are they not? These new boxes seem to show that SS don't care as much anymore and just want to cut costs, despite getting more and more well known every year and having contracts with very big companies like Legacy Studios and Disney. So, the bigger you become, the impression you give is that you don't care as much for your costumers???

I want a nice box because i want to feel like my piece is worth it. I want to open it up and see that they spent time packing that carefully. I want to ready the box art and show it off. That's one of the reasons I spend thousands of dollars in these collectibles. Yeah, the boxes will go in the garage while I display the pieces in my living room, but that is not the point.

The point is that I want the company that I spend a lot of money on shows quality not only on the piece, but also on the packing, photos, description and shipping.

Maybe I'm overreacting a little and Sideshow only made these boxes this time for reasons that I'm not aware of. If that's the case, I hope to see a lot of the great normal boxes in the future. I just think that it was a bad judgment call to do that on a highly expected 400 dollar piece.

Anyway, I hope someone from SS will answer our questions because so far I haven't heard anything and I think that has also to be issued but.....That is a topic for another thread....

Cheers :duff

Bear

I hate to bring up another Hot Toys vs Sideshow argument but their box art pushes the boundaries with each release and this goes with their crappy licences too. There shouldn't be any reason for half arsed packaging in this day and age.

Well, let's get something straight here.....

I read many threads saying that as long the statue is intact, who cares about the box? The fact is that most of us care about having a nice looking box that gives extra protection to the piece. We spend hundreds of dollars on these statues and we would like it to arrive as safely as possible, in a box that has great art on it and most of the time tells a story about the piece. That is what the Graphic Design Department is for....

It is just great to know that Sideshow spend a good amount of time making the packing looking great. After all, they are high end collectibles, are they not? These new boxes seem to show that SS don't care as much anymore and just want to cut costs, despite getting more and more well known every year and having contracts with very big companies like Legacy Studios and Disney. So, the bigger you become, the impression you give is that you don't care as much for your costumers???

I want a nice box because i want to feel like my piece is worth it. I want to open it up and see that they spent time packing that carefully. I want to ready the box art and show it off. That's one of the reasons I spend thousands of dollars in these collectibles. Yeah, the boxes will go in the garage while I display the pieces in my living room, but that is not the point.

The point is that I want the company that I spend a lot of money on shows quality not only on the piece, but also on the packing, photos, description and shipping.

Maybe I'm overreacting a little and Sideshow only made these boxes this time for reasons that I'm not aware of. If that's the case, I hope to see a lot of the great normal boxes in the future. I just think that it was a bad judgment call to do that on a highly expected 400 dollar piece.

Anyway, I hope someone from SS will answer our questions because so far I haven't heard anything and I think that has also to be issued but.....That is a topic for another thread....

Cheers :duff

Bear

I'd agree with that. Spending $200-$400+ on a statue and asking for a nice graphically designed box isn't asking too much.

And if SS is listening, please stop using that cheap white styrofoam that break apart and gets all over and my dogs eat off the floor, and then there are white specks in their... Well, nevermind. Just enough with the cheaper packing material.

To me the box is part of the total package...pun intended. Not too mention its nice have the outer box to hide whats being delivered. Does the whole world need to know you ordered a black queen comiquette or something equally erotic?

I hate to bring up another Hot Toys vs Sideshow argument but their box art pushes the boundaries with each release and this goes with their crappy licences too. There shouldn't be any reason for half arsed packaging in this day and age.

Great point Wanderer. Hot Toys boxes really look amazing. I mean we are paying
almost $200 bucks for a figure.... Have a nice display box is not asking much, it is just part of getting an expensive collectible

I'd agree with that. Spending $200-$400+ on a statue and asking for a nice graphically designed box isn't asking too much.

And if SS is listening, please stop using that cheap white Styrofoam that break apart and gets all over and my dogs eat off the floor, and then there are white specks in their... Well, nevermind. Just enough with the cheaper packing material.

Good you brought this up. I forgot about the Styrofoam inside. That kind of Styrofoam breaks more easily and I would be pissed if it ends up breaking and I don't have a packing to move my collectible.

And Crossbonez, you got it right. I get that delivered at work most the time and I do not want people to know what I'm getting. It is common sense to have a bit of privacy when spending that much money.

Let's give the high end collectible a proper box and let's keep the shipping box what it is... just a shipping cardboard box...

Cheers

Bear

review_pfzaius_2.jpg

I like the POTA PF box art. Reminds me of this original movie poster.

144156.jpg

My Blackbeard arrived in perfect condition so at least this change didn't matter to me. It is nice to have the cool color boxes but I just toss most of them anyway so whatever they change as long as the figs don't get damaged its fine with me.

What I dont like about is it to clearly advertises whats in the box. If you are gonna go cheapo on the box art fine, but atleast provide an outer shipper box :duh

Well just raise the price another 3 bucks,probably that's all those boxes cost anyway.

Sideshow is cutting corners by making the PF's out of cheaper material and smaller and not using the 4 color boxes...not cool at all man

What I dont like about is it to clearly advertises whats in the box. If you are gonna go cheapo on the box art fine, but atleast provide an outer shipper box :duh

I think that is an important point... the outer shipping boxes afforded privacy and did add an extra layer of protection.

Not to mention using the non-glossy boxes do just look cheap.

Back