Why is the Bucky PF selling so low

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it because he not as know as steve rogers but soon he will be know as the second cap film is leading to bucky captain america

I think it's a really good statue. But the reasons so far, it's not Steve, it's not classic, the movie version, all are true.

But as a comic book reader, while I enjoyed Bucky's stint as Cap and thought it was cut short way too soon (and if you look at the timing, it was done for a very obvious reason), it was just that: a stint. A brief moment in the history of Cap that didn't last long in the grand scheme of things. Much like "Great Ultron," who lasted an even shorter amount of time.

While there's a few PFs I would probably buy based on a particular story line or moment, overall for myself I want the characters in their most recognized looks since I'll be displaying them for years. They need to be:
- Classic costumes like Steve Rogers Cap, Blue & Red Spidey, yellow Wolverine, Green Hulk.
- Popular costumes like Black/Symbiot Spidey, Grey Hulk, Brown Wolverine, Extremis Iron Man. Not classic, but everyone knows them, and a lot prefer them.
- Or at the very least, consistent costumes like Ms. Marvel and Psylocke (in the comics they switch to other costumes, but eventually come back to the look we all know)

Plus like stated, a PF of Bucky as Winter Soldier would be better anyway. The design has potential to make a great PF, at least more detailed than the typical Marvel PF, and it's truer to the character as how he was brought back.

winter-soldier-past.jpg
winter-soldier-1-576-cropped.jpg

And sorry for the double post, please oh please, NO MOVIE VERSION if they ever do a Winter Soldier PF, I forgot that's the basis of the next Cap movie...keep it comics, Long hair head and short hair head, pick one as the Ex, switch out guns, cloth the straps, belt and pouches, sculpt the actual costume, Ex at 500 or less, 1000 Regs and walla!, a great PF!

I was thinking the same thing for the EX. Some switch out weapons would be great to. Also a full sculpt with just the straps and belt as material would be perfect, just like what they got going on with Deadpool. That one looks perfect and should be here next month :yess:

I still think it is underrated to this day. Bucky Cap story was awesome so is this statue, the colors are very nice. Thats why I bought it because of the awesome story by Ed Brubaker.

I wonder if this is the ultimate comic book readers statue as pretty much all people who like it have read and loved brubakers run :)

^^
I haven't yet read it but I definitely will as everyone who has seems to have really enjoyed it

It really is a fantastic run if you start at 1 and read the series it really is one of the best captain america runs. Marvel unlimited is great for this it's where I read it :)

Sorry guys my mistake. Checked on utube. Bowen produced The Winter Soldier. It would still be awesome in PF!

That's the Bucky I've been waiting for but....

Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier.jpg

after seeing the movie render, I'm really hoping we get a version of that and soon.

Thanks, this is my first time seeing this. Is this the final version that will be in the film? If so, great. The only major change is the goggles and lower face mask. A very practical change that makes sense for the real world. I dig it.

The details of his costume (straps, belts, etc) change from artist to artist in the comics anyway. Even the 2 pics I posted show different details. His only consistent is all black with no left sleeve to show the cyborg arm. So really SS could do the movie body and include comic and movie heads, kill 2 birds with 1 stone. But that's unlikely...

I wonder if this is the ultimate comic book readers statue as pretty much all people who like it have read and loved brubakers run :)

Lol, pretty much.
While not a necessity for collecting, having an understanding of the source material creates a different kind of respect for the statues. I look at a statue and judge the sculpt, but my value of the character is just as important.

I always debate getting this statue because I think it does look good, but it can't replace my lack of Steve. But I really did enjoy reading Bucky's time as Cap. It could have lasted another year or 2 and I'd have been happy. I read Cap comics then. Several relaunches later, I don't care to now. But the relative inexpensiveness makes this something I can put off.

Back