Why haven’t Hot Toys picked up the Harry Potter license?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not just in China. Sometimes popularity doesn't translate to merchandises. 1/6 figures are popular to a collector group but depends on what the movie has to offer. Jaws is a great movie but doesn't mean it would sell a lot of 1/6 figures.
Same for Harry Potter, won't be as popular as other sci fi projects. That being said, Harry Potter also have a unique challenge where characters are different sizes. Even Harry Potter's look changes in different movies.

According to credible rumors, yes. Three Potter sets, 2 Beast sets, and a series of Minifigures.

Nice. I was never able to afford the stuff that came out when I was a kid. I'm gonna look into these when they're out or previewed at Toy Fair.

Not popular enough everywhere. Probably relevant if they do it 10 years ago.

But now, no one remember this franchise.
No one remembers this franchise? :cuckoo:

This series is so popular that it has two giant chunks of Universal Studios dedicated to it, which are doing so well that they copied them in their California parks, and are about to add an expansion to both. It has lasting power so far beyond what people thought it would that even the creator who definitively ended the series went back to the well to create more content, while movie studios are crafting a brand new 5 film saga set in the universe.

I'm not saying that this translates to 1/6 figure sales, but to say that this franchise isn't culturally relevant anymore is insane.

Screw hot toys. Don't look to them to make anything outside of what they normally do. They use to branch out but they don't anymore. It's almost all about disney properties. I'm fine with my star ace potter figures. It's a shame they put all that time and effort into a damn gold robot man.

This series is so popular that it has two giant chunks of Universal Studios dedicated to it, which are doing so well that they copied them in their California parks, and are about to add an expansion to both. It has lasting power so far beyond what people thought it would that even the creator who definitively ended the series went back to the well to create more content, while movie studios are crafting a brand new 5 film saga set in the universe.

I'm not saying that this translates to 1/6 figure sales, but to say that this franchise isn't culturally relevant anymore is insane.

Yep I would say that the franchise is hugely popular and has a large following...to put things into perspective Universal even added the Harry Potter expansion to their park in Japan and it has apparently proven to be amazingly popular there too...yes in Asia!

One of the simplest question ever asked on this board! Harry Potter doesn't wear armor and doesn't yield a lightsaber.

No, really, no need to thank me...

Mods? You can close this thread now, answer found!

Yeah, I agree with Shadow 100% on this one. The Potter franchise is a power house. It may not be what Star Wars is in terms of figure sales, but it's a cash cow in other ways.

Back