Why aren't there generic Hot Toy bases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there use to be ones made by caltek, that were blank hot toy stand (with name plate), but those are long sold out.

I've been waiting for replacements for the longest time

Well, there are generic Hot Toys bases, they come with the True Type bodies. I just got one yesterday with my TTM21.

Websites like Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety part out the body sets and you can pick up the generic bases separately when they do, they might also be available on Ebay. Just keep looking for them.

all-your-base-are-belong-to-us-9009-1024x768.jpg

Well, there are generic Hot Toys bases, they come with the True Type bodies. I just got one yesterday with my TTM21.

Websites like Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety part out the body sets and you can pick up the generic bases separately when they do, they might also be available on Ebay. Just keep looking for them.

Those are not generic those are hot toys bases he is looking for a cheaper alternative like the generic hot toys bodies Caltek use to make them for only like 3-5 dollars wish they would do it again I hate paying like 10.00 for a base with name plate

I bought like 5 on ebay about a year ago. I don't think they are that hard to find.

This is actually quite humorous.

There are a number of "bootleg"/"clone" 1:6 base bodies of varying quality copied/derived from the HOT TOYS TRUE TYPE bodies, but nothing in terms of their figure base/stands (except for the ones by CALTEK)?

What's next? A run on bootleg/clone figure bases/stands based on the ones by HOT TOYS?

You can buy Hot toy stands with decals for $2.50, just use some nail polish remover, paint thinner, or acetone to remove the paint or even easier, just buy one of Evilface's custom decals and stick it overtop.

Why would anyone want to buy a $3-$5 or $10 knockoff when the real thing is cheaper?

Monkey Depot has had them for that much in the past. I haven't looked at how much they want for them now, so maybe they're more.
MD also has widely fluctuating prices on their stuff so one week they'll want $2.50 for a stand, then after it sells out it'll go back up for $3.50, and then down to $2.75 after being relisted for a third part-out.
Prices for the same items can also fluctuate there and over at TA, for instance, you can pick up a Sideshow P magazine for either $.50 or $.99 from MD and they're identical, so keep that in mind.

Back