Why are waitlists being cancelled months before release?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookeylama

Super Freak
Reaction score
just got an email about my Vampirella EX waitlist reservation being cancelled. that piece isn't due out until 2nd quarter '12. was the cancellation a mistake, and it was meant to be a cancellation for the Vamp EX Comiquette version??
thanks

unless there are more people on the waitlist than statues to go around? :dunno

That would make sense. If there are "x" number made and "y" people keep it really the WL only needs to "z" deep. Simply because not everyone will cancel or return it.

That's assuming that all those on the waitlist who get contacted accept the offer. A lot of people get on waitlists and when the offer comes up 6 months later don't want the piece anymore.

It may be to try and encourage you to purchase the regular edition????

I was on the waitlist for the Mondo Tees screen print Tron poster of which there were only like 100 of them and it took them like 6 months to cancel my waitlist. :lol

Now I did get P.O. when SSC cancelled my WL Grey Hulk PF and a couple of months later, magically appeared, they found one at therr warehouse. It was in a NL as first come first basis. Was i pissed!

Does it show canceled in account or are you going off an email?

Does it show canceled in account or are you going off an email?

i got the same email as Mookey, it says it will be closing this waitlist shortly, then goes on asking if you want to purchase the reg. version while they got it in stock. i personally think they've let in too many on the wait-list and are letting the tail-enders know they will not get in.
Any others on the wait-list not received this email, or is it just a few of us

Back