Why are there no Sideshow Lando Calrissian figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu Falcon

Super Freak
Reaction score
I feel he had an important enough role in the original trilogy. From the betrayal and rescuing of Han, to leading the assault on Death Star II, which he successfully destroyed by the way. So why no love for Lando?

I know Bespin Lando has been on a lot of wishlists for a looooooong time. (mine included)

and its easy to see why:

Lando.jpg

Because they haven't made one yet

Thank you for your contribution, Captain Obvious. ;)

But yet we have plenty of Luke, Leia, Han, Stormtroopers, Obi-wan, etc. figures in various formats to choose from. Bossk gets a bust, and even intergalatic second-class citizen sand people get a PF. :rolleyes:

Bring it! :rock

Exclusive should come with a bottle of Colt .45 "It works everytime".:rotfl

Is is possible there's some likeness rights issue with Billy Dee? Even though Lando's been known to be a Hasbro peg warmer, you'd have to think the same about RFT and Captain Antilles, so why no Lando is surprising.

I'd take a Bespin, Skiff, and General Lando over any prequel figure they could come up with.

Lando always sold less well for Hasbro than any other 12" figure they made, and when the first Star Wars 12" figures came out in the 90's he was the big shelfwarmer.

You can blame that on lots of things - he's not as important to the trilogy as the other heroes who were in ANH, he was a morally ambiguous character in ESB and therefore less 'heroic' in kid's eyes - but I suspect black characters just sell less well than white characters, same as a magazine like Vogue sells less copies if a black model is on the cover. Not wishing to be the first to turn this into a debate on racism or anything, that's just how it seems to be.

But he is starting to become a glaring omission in the Sideshow line up. I guess their problem is, do they do him in his signature Bespin outfit - which a lot of fans would want - or do him as a palace guard to tie in with all the other Jabba's palace stuff? They probably wouldn't want to make two versions.

Do we want the Judas Bespin Lando (back stabbin bastard)
Or the General Lando (takes down the m'fing deathstar)
Hmmm tough choice....

Sideshow is racist.

Ya I am starting to think they are, I just called customer service and they told me this is what's going on with Lando.

#1- Buy Rebel Fleet Trooper
#2- Buy Sharpie
#3- Draw Mustache on Rebel Fleet Trooper
#4- Lando is now in your collection

:monkey2

Lando always sold less well for Hasbro than any other 12" figure they made, and when the first Star Wars 12" figures came out in the 90's he was the big shelfwarmer.

You can blame that on lots of things - he's not as important to the trilogy as the other heroes who were in ANH, he was a morally ambiguous character in ESB and therefore less 'heroic' in kid's eyes - but I suspect black characters just sell less well than white characters, same as a magazine like Vogue sells less copies if a black model is on the cover. Not wishing to be the first to turn this into a debate on racism or anything, that's just how it seems to be.

But he is starting to become a glaring omission in the Sideshow line up. I guess their problem is, do they do him in his signature Bespin outfit - which a lot of fans would want - or do him as a palace guard to tie in with all the other Jabba's palace stuff? They probably wouldn't want to make two versions.

His race might have something to do with it, but I'd hate to think that. After all the 1/6 Mace Windu sold out. I remember as a kid me and all my friends thought Lando was a pretty cool character, and we all had his action figure. If they don't want to do two Lando figures I guess sideshow could sell him as the Bespin version and throw in the Skiff guard outfit in the package as well. Maybe it's wishful thinking. Maybe I need a Colt 45. :(

Do both the ESB and Skiff outfits, the have the General as the SDCC figure since not many will care about that one. I would buy the first two, and at this point, that's saying a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back