Why am I able to log into my account with multiple passwords?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Someone will probably use it to purchase really expensive hookers and blow through Atheris666 Sideshow account.

isnt your credit card linked to your account?

Yes, but you can't view the complete card number, besides I'm sure they don't accept a credit cadr if it's listed with a different address to your shipping address.

The two issues I see if someone got into your account would be they would see your full name, and address, and would be able to cancel your orders.

Anyway I tired a different password on my account and I couldn't log in. SO I doubt their security systems are down.

Its strange, im still able to log in with at least two passwords. Other ones seem to have stopped working. But two allow me in for sure, I've tried it from 4 different pc's and my cell phone :rolleyes:

Chris

Your password should be at least 6 to 8 characters long.
Hmh seems like I was reading this the wrong way. I always thought that you had to have a password that is at least 6 or 8 characters long, but it seems they meant at least 6, maximum 8. Especially since in the examples, even Sideshow uses a 9-character password:
Think of a phrase or sentence, take the first letter of each word, and insert punctuation and/or a digit. For example "Sideshow Toy Makes really great 12 inch figures" would be "stmrG12If"

I tested this, since I always thought I was using a password consisting of more than 8 characters, but I've been typing everything over 8 for nothing. After 8 characters, you can put anything you want; if the first 8 are correct, it doesn't matter what you type after that, it'll accept.

For example, you can have Sideshow for password (8 characters - coincidence!? ;)) and type SideshowIlikeIt, SideshowPaint or whatever and you'll log on successfully since the system only looks at the first 8.

I don't think there's a security issue, unless someone knows the exact first 8 characters of your password, but I do think it should accept longer passwords and be clear about that. I never got a message saying my password was too long.

Ya, SS sorted it all out and fixed the issue for me. Reset my passwords and everything works fine now. Just an update so everyone knows.

Chris

Something very interesting happend last night. I tried logging into my Sideshow account and it says my user ID and password are incorrect. I figure no problem, I'll just hit the forgot my password tab and get it sent to my email. I enter in my email address (the only one I use) and guess what....I get a message pop up saying their is no email in their system matching mine......awesome!

And the beat gos on...

Chris

Something very interesting happend last night. I tried logging into my Sideshow account and it says my user ID and password are incorrect. I figure no problem, I'll just hit the forgot my password tab and get it sent to my email. I enter in my email address (the only one I use) and guess what....I get a message pop up saying their is no email in their system matching mine......awesome!

And the beat gos on...

Chris

Somebody at Sideshow does not like you. ;)

Actually I talked to them today, they looked into it and said my account was locked some how. They dont know how it happend... it just was. Can always count on SS never to have an answer for anything.

Chris

Actually I talked to them today, they looked into it and said my account was locked some how. They dont know how it happend... it just was. Can always count on SS never to have an answer for anything.

Chris

Yea somehow they lost my credit card that had been on file already and used to buy multiple items, then all the sudden they told me I had insuffiect funds, and I had to call to straighten it out. It took a half hour and they never found the actual problem.

Back