Who's the coolest SITH LORD in the EU?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar said:
I would agree about Ventress...although she's really just a wannabe Sith in training. But isn't the Clone Wars cartoon canon and not EU?

I think that anything outside of the 6 movies is considered EU. Books, Cartoons (Clone Wars included), comics, novels, games.........

Darth Loki said:
I think that anything outside of the 6 movies is considered EU. Books, Cartoons (Clone Wars included), comics, novels, games.........

But aren't the CW cartoons kinda in that gray area? I mean, Lucas supervised, and included a lot of reference from them into ROTS.

Is that the official definition then -- EU is anything beyond the films. If so, I never really knew that I guess, but it makes sense.

So are the SE versions of the OT EU then? :rotfl

Darth Bane. I am so looking forward to "Path of Destruction." :emperor

Path_of_Destruction.jpg

Darth Loki said:

If you really want to get technical about it, anything NOT written specifically by George Lucas himself is Expanded Universe. The Clone Wars cartoon although praised by Lucas and one of the most connected pieces of EU to a trilogy is technically still EU, especially since a NEW Clone Wars CG cartoon is in the works and who knows if it'll mesh with the previous one.

The television show although is said to be written completely by Lucas with a few folks assisting with the finer points so everything seen on that small screen will be "Canon". Quinlan Vos has been rumored to be involved and even younger versions of Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker so whatever he puts them through will be part of their official history....

untitled9fi1.png

Since Darth Bane created the whole one Master, one Apprentice thing I'd have to give my vote to him....

Darth Rage said:

COOL! Thanks for the info DR! I did not know about this one...

I was going to say that I would probably go with Bane for the historical aspect... but I wish we knew more about him... Now I guess we will.. As for Nihilus, he looked cool... but no story. Even more gyped out on content than Maul, and that is sad. Always happens to the cool looking Star Wars characters...

Wor-Gar said:
Darth Nihilus...

DarthNihilus.jpg

He certainly has a unique spooky style yet in keeping with the Sith look.

He wins for me hands down! Im sure SS will be reading these posts and will no doubt do him, Malek and Bane. They will probably be a long way off but I think SS will endevour to do a few EU characters. This will enhance the whole 12" figure collection of the SW universe. I can't wait:emperor

:chew :chew :chew :chew

Sidious, beyond the shadow of a doubt for me. Many people claim parts about his history, but we really know relatively little about his life as a man or his Sith Apprenticeship. Even his true age is shrouded in mystery, but again many have speculated, even mapping out a history of Palpatine's life, while other sources argue that it was based on the fictitious life and age of Palpatine that Sidious created for his public persona while he carried on the machinations behind the scenes. Finally to see Sidious revealed as he truly is in Episode III was unparalleled for me in moments of joy in the Star Wars universe (Dooku once described Sidious in the force as, "...beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the Dark Side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness"). This was all explained well in the "Sithisis" storyline in "Star Wars: Visionaries" and expounded upon in a recent issue of Insider, based in GL's comments about Palpatine being the mask and Sidious being the real face of the most maligned character in the greater Star Wars lore in canon. It conveys Sidious in his true guise undergoing a Dark Sith ritual in the belly of the EmPal SuRecon Center (the tallest building on Coruscant/ the building where Vader undergoes his surgical reconstruction and final transformation/ Sidious' secret Sith Temple or Coruscant disguised as a meidcal center); there, he immerses himself in the power of the Dark Side using Sith crystals and holocrons to take on the appearance of the venerable Palpatine (this also explains why Palpatine looks younger in Episode III than in Episode II as he would have undergone these rituals after delving deep into his inner darkness). Sidious' actions with Plagueis can be summed up well in a line by Shakespeare, "Ambition should be made of sterner stuff." He knew that Plagueis had no intention of keeping him as Apprentice permanently, as he had been manipulating the midi-chlorians in hopes of conceiving the perfect apprentice through conception in the force. Sidious took this knowledge, but being that Plagueis' focus was always on the abstract rather than the here and now, Sidious killed him in the here and now, allowing his meditative master to become one with his studies rather than following out with the plans of the Sith as they should have been. After killing Plagueis, Sidious accelerated his plans, researched and eventually succeeded in conceiving the "ideal Apprentice," and plunged the Galaxy into a conflict, the whole time acting as puppeteer on both sides while on a gradual path to unequaled martinet of all the Galaxy. As a brief aside, I should note that he took Maul in Maul's early youth (sources differ as to whether this was childhood or infancy) and later while Maul was still his apprentice, Sidious seduced Dooku to the Dark Side, revealing his plans for the Sith and telling Dooku that eventually he would replace Maul (though since so much work was put into Maul's training - literally Maul's entire life - Sidious had no intention at the time of using Dooku as little more than a Dark Jedi disciple to aid in the later conflict, and it was only with Maul's death on Naboo when his plans were altered). It was not enough simply to conquer and rule, it was a matter of eliminating the misguided and disorderly Jedi, who only through their complicite blindness to the great well of power in the Force did they remain unseeing of the great power rising within the force and bending it to his will. The Clone Wars were a war of attrition for the Jedi, as it made them appear as warlords instead of contemplative guardians; their reputations were withered away in time, which eased the ability of casting them down with one swift stroke, once the "ideal Apprentice" (Vader) had come full circle, and within the very circle of the Jedi as the suspected Chosen One. Practically every single player in the Prequels, and many in the Classic Trilogy were little more than puppets on Sidious' ever-dancing strings, which is why he easily receives my vote :emperor .

I agree with you, but Sidius isn't part of the EU. His story over laps into it, as does everyone who's in the movies.

True, but I thought something should be said in his honor, being that so much of his tale overlaps into the EU ;) . I just had to throw in the pov of my camp :emperor . Other than that, it's difficult for me to say. The Dark Jedi Desann is very similar to Sidious and Vader in ideology, but he is not Sith (were it "Star Wars Villains" it would be a different story and you could also include Ventress). Based on Sith, I like anyone who can psychically feed on the destruction of life, so Nihilus is a likely candidate for favorite Sith Lord whose story takes place solely in the EU. He's so very interesting, and yet everything we hear him actually say is inaubible to us. Very complex, and with an appearance like nothing we've ever seen in a Sith before. Malak has his moments (that jaw injury is cool, I must say), but in terms of shere power and brilliance, I have to place Nihilus ahead of him.

Sidious is pretty cool. BTW--Which book was it that talked about his clone? It has been mentioned in some of the later books I've read and it's interested me.

You know, since there isn't really that many Lords of the Sith in the movies, I think we could easily expect some EU Sith to be brought into the collection. That would be very impressive to have Darth Malak, Darth Nihilus, Darth Revan, and Darth Bane all together displayed.

Darth Rage said:

hey darth rage do you know when this is supposed to come out?? i read about it a long time ago in star wars insider and that was the last time i heard about it. they also didnt mention it was about darth band they just said it was going to take place during the old republic period. :emperor :emperor

Hands down...

:emperor :emperor DARTH BANE!!! :emperor :emperor

I had my doubts, but the Star Wars/Batman crossover graphic novel REALLY worked!!!:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

The Dark Empire series was what ushered in the Clone Emperor saga, followed up with Dark Empire II and Empire's End. All excellent graphic novels which I highly recommend.

These were done by a fellow custom figure enthusiast named Reggie.
He had a little contest to see who could suggest the best ideas for some Star Wars customs.
I suggested Malak,Revan and Nihilus. He liked all 3 so he did all 3.
A very nice guy who sent me casted dupes of everything he made for them.
He did a fantastic job and banged them out quick.
SS is missing the boat if they pass on these characters.

:eek Those are amazing! He could give Sideshow something to aspire to, were they to ever consider these for the Sith line (which I think is likely with so many more Sith Lords in the EU as opposed to limiting the line to just the movies). Such figures a person would pay very good money for, a person such as myself :D .

Back