Who's gonna buy PLO KOON?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy PLO KOON?

• Yes

Votes: 102 72.9%
  • No

Votes: 38 27.1%

• Total voters
Darth Rage said:
Tough call for me too. Great looking charactor, but not one I consider essential to my collection. I had planned on being a completionist with this line, but now reality is setting in for me and I am getting pickier as these announcements are made. I probably would have passed on Kit if he was announced now as opposed to when he was originally, but I am glad I didn't after seeing all the pics of him with Mace. What to do......

I'm starting to think the same thing. I said in the announcement thread that I'd buy him, but I'm starting to consider space issues and want to make sure I have the room for the major characters that will come out. If I do buy him, this might be the first time I get the regular version from a dealer to save some money unless the exclusive is really good.

I was figuring in my head the other day how many Star Wars Sideshow figures I "needed". In doing that I came up with a list of about 50 spanning the 6 films; most unique characters, with a repeat appearances. My fear is that if I start buying figures like Plo and Kit... that these 3rd teir figures are going to make the collection jump into the 100's.

I think rather than open the floodgates I need to be strong and resist these less-than-necessary characters :monkey2

I'm definitely in, though I'm curious as to when SSC finally will come out with a figure that I would actualy pass on. :eek: I am a little disappointed that Saesee Tiin or Shaak Ti weren't announced first, but Plo will look great next to Mace and Kit. :chew

Darth Rage said:
Tough call for me too. Great looking charactor, but not one I consider essential to my collection. I had planned on being a completionist with this line, but now reality is setting in for me and I am getting pickier as these announcements are made. I probably would have passed on Kit if he was announced now as opposed to when he was originally, but I am glad I didn't after seeing all the pics of him with Mace. What to do......

Ditto for me as well, bud. I've already cancelled all of the "Jabba Palace" pieces that I had pre-ordered. I'll be sticking to the major characters from each film and this guy isn't one of them. He may be cool enough to snag later down the road from an online shop or ebay for considerably less, especially with the latest ES's hitting close to 10 grand. No rush.

I'm wanting the major characters from the original trilogy big-time (where the heck is Chewie?!).

The Jedi line is getting rather stale. I know it's an easy swap of heads and arms, so it's a no-brainer for SS to develop these quickly and easily. Plus with such a huge SW 12" fan-base, basically any 12" figure will be a hot seller regardless.

FlyAndFight said:
Ditto for me as well, bud. I've already cancelled all of the "Jabba Palace" pieces that I had pre-ordered. I'll be sticking to the major characters from each film and this guy isn't one of them. He may be cool enough to snag later down the road from an online shop or ebay for considerably less, especially with the latest ES's hitting close to 10 grand. No rush.

I'm wanting the major characters from the original trilogy big-time (where the heck is Chewie?!).

The Jedi line is getting rather stale. I know it's an easy swap of heads and arms, so it's a no-brainer for SS to develop these quickly and easily. Plus with such a huge SW 12" fan-base, basically any 12" figure will be a hot seller regardless.

I totally diagree that the Jedi line is "stale". For those of us that enjoy getting the Jedi instead of the same old characters we have seen made 100 different ways for 30 years, this is great.

We all know that we will see Old Ben, Luke, Han, Leia, Vader and other major characters, but I for one, LOVE the Jedi line and enjoy getting them.

The other characters will come too.

KitFisto said:
I totally diagree that the Jedi line is "stale". For those of us that enjoy getting the Jedi instead of the same old characters we have seen made 100 different ways for 30 years, this is great.

We all know that we will see Old Ben, Luke, Han, Leia, Vader and other major characters, but I for one, LOVE the Jedi line and enjoy getting them.

The other characters will come too.

Good for you! I, on the other hand, think that with such a diverse "galaxy" of potential characters to make, SS has gotten stuck in the Jedi wormhole for a little too long.

As for the "...same old characters we have seen made 100 different ways for 30 years..." you can not compare the SS line to the Hasbro line. In that case, you would have to count "Jedi Luke", "Anakin", "Obi-Wan", "Qui-Gon", "Darth Maul" and "Mace Windu" as rehashed Hasbro figures and not new characters being done.

FlyAndFight said:
Good for you! I, on the other hand, think that with such a diverse "galaxy" of potential characters to make, SS has gotten stuck in the Jedi wormhole for a little too long.

As for the "...same old characters we have seen made 100 different ways for 30 years..." you can not compare the SS line to the Hasbro line. In that case, you would have to count "Jedi Luke", "Anakin", "Obi-Wan", "Qui-Gon", "Darth Maul" and "Mace Windu" as rehashed Hasbro figures and not new characters being done.

I do agree that SS has leaned a little to heavy towards the Jedi line while other lines have lagged behind, but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that the Jedi Order line was the first announced and they most likely had been working on the sculpts before they announced it.

I have a feeling that we will see many more from the Hero's and Scum lines later this year and early in to 2007.

I just didn't think it was fair to call the Jedi line "stale" because there are many of us that love it and want more.

I want a Sassee Tinn already, with a Clone Wars Battle Helmet and "battle-damaged, interchangeable horns". Hasbro never did a Sasse Tinn, but thier Plo Koon, I will say was one of the finer 12" figs they ever produced. His only problem was, at the very least, was finding him, much less at a reasonable price if you didn't know about it, and where to purchase it. The marketing was poor on Hasbro's part. I'm glad SS is giving those who missed out a chance to add him to thier collection. It is a great character and I'm not sick of Jedi's yet. A great thing the Prequels offered was introducing so many more spinoff figures and I'd be dissappointed if SS didn't at least offer the entire Jedi Council and maybe a couple of Dark Horse's Comic Light/Dark Jedi. Think about how cool a Evien Piell would be or the Jedi with the big Q-Tip Head or the furry/hairy dude with the beard and tail. God, I can't remember all thier names, but for the first time, in the case of Plo, I'll be mildly skeptical about what how much more SS will be able to add to this already solid figure.

KitFisto said:
I do agree that SS has leaned a little to heavy towards the Jedi line while other lines have lagged behind, but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that the Jedi Order line was the first announced and they most likely had been working on the sculpts before they announced it.

I have a feeling that we will see many more from the Hero's and Scum lines later this year and early in to 2007.

I just didn't think it was fair to call the Jedi line "stale" because there are many of us that love it and want more.

Ok, instead of "stale", how about "long in the tooth"?... ;) But I'm with you regarding seeing other lines, particularly Heroes and Scum and the Military line. But most of all, I want Chewie. That's one figure that Hasbro couldn't do right and I know that SS will come through. Plus, we've already got Han and Boushh Leia, so Chewie is glaringly missing. And for the record, I want "2" versions of Chewie: "ANH" version with the combed-back hairsprayed-lookin' doo and "ROTJ" version with the longer, more "natural" look... :monkey3

FlyAndFight said:
Ok, instead of "stale", how about "long in the tooth"?... ;) But I'm with you regarding seeing other lines, particularly Heroes and Scum and the Military line. But most of all, I want Chewie. That's one figure that Hasbro couldn't do right and I know that SS will come through. Plus, we've already got Han and Boushh Leia, so Chewie is glaringly missing. And for the record, I want "2" versions of Chewie: "ANH" version with the combed-back hairsprayed-lookin' doo and "ROTJ" version with the longer, more "natural" look... :monkey3

I am with you on Chewie too. He is my most wanted PF ( real fur ). I would love a 12" version of him too to go with Han. Han and Chewie just need to be together!

Yes!

But for the record I don't plan to get all Jedi. Gave Kit Fisto a miss because of the bug-tooth expression and wouldn't intend to get Agen Kolar either. However, I would be keen for Saesee Tiin, Shaak Ti and Aayla Secura. Hope Yoda comes up next though... since he's small figure perhaps SS could include his Jedi Council chair as an accessory.

I will be baggin me some Plo action. Until SS came along I never really collected anything so this SW line is me making up for a misspent youth :chew

Absolutely not. The only Jedi I'll buy are ANH Obi-Wan and OT and PT versions of Yoda.

Wor-Gar said:
As this is the first serious background Jedi (some might say Kit was too),I'm very curious who is amped to get this guy and who is going to pass because he's not a key character?

Amped, not that much. I am glad to see the release though.

Wor-Gar said:
However, I'm as tired of Jedi as everyone else is.

Tired of Jedi. Interesting statement. Can't say that I'm tired of Jedi.

Ahhhh, but I do so love me all the fickle folks on this board. Can't make everyone happy and yet all we can seem to do on this board is to continually bi**ch and moan.

Wor-Gar said:
So this guy seems to be the right figure to get a sense of who is going to remain a completist now...

How so? I'm going to pick him up but that has nothing to do with being a "completist."

I didn't mean this poll to be another "bi*ch and moan" thread. As I said, I'm planning on getting Plo. But I was curious to see how others felt as there wasn't quite the excitement with this character when he was announced yesterday as there has been with all the others. And we have heard a lot of people express their exasperation at having so many Jedi on the display shelf. That's a lot of tunics so far.

And the use of the word "completist" meant those who are buying every 12" SW figure offered. For many here, Plo will be the first figure they pass on... thus they have stopped trying to get every figure available and will now focus on those figures they really like. For some, making the decision NOT to collect the entire set is tough to do. I haven't been able to make that call yet -- I have every SW 12" Sideshow has put out.

Last edited:
I want Plo Kloon because he looks so cool in the movies and I know his figure will look as cool. Now, I am going after them all but I'd be getting Plo anyways. I undestand those that want more figures in the other lines but more Jedi isn't a bad thing. Folks do like those as well so look at it this way you're saving $50-60 bucks. :lol If you're not gonna go for them all it shouldn't be a big deal as well. The other figures will get announced. I will say also that "long in the tooth" or "stale" regarding the Jedi line is just plain laughable. Again, it might be for those that don't care to get them or are wanting other lines but I don't think too many folks who like getting Jedi will agree and if this Jedi line was getting stale these Jedi figures wouldn't sell out.

jlcmsu said:
If you're not gonna go for them all it shouldn't be a big deal as well. The other figures will get announced. I will say also that "long in the tooth" or "stale" regarding the Jedi line is just plain laughable.

What's laughable is your lack of originality and pathetic post padding. Here are just a few examples in just this thread alone: :rotfl :rotfl

jlcmsu said:
I've always like the look of Plo Kloon. He just looks really cool.
:rolleyes:

jlcmsu said:
I'd go with Ki-Ad Mundi. He is pretty cool looking. I don't know if you'd consider him background or not but he would look cool...

jlcmsu said:
I want Plo Kloon because he looks so cool in the movies and I know his figure will look as cool...

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I think it's time to skip a pre-order and instead use the funds for a thesaurus... :monkey5

Back