Who's Bubo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSC_Nerd said:
Personally, I think this is like the first "seen but hard to see" character they've made so far. There are a few minor characters in the line, but a good deal have a fair amount of screen time. And don't mention the Endor soldiers, cuz they are seen, even if the figures don't totally look like the ones on screen.
In a Scene for about 10 seconds. And how can they be classed as Star Wars characters if they dont look like the ones on screen (apart from the old guy). You may as well dress Fox Mulder in a green Endor suit and call him and Endor Soldier.:lol

EVILFACE said:
It's a tired cliche but, If you don't like it, don't buy it!

I like it. I'll buy it. Hell, it's not like it's going to take up a lot of room! :lol

Seriously, I could go for just about anything from Jabba's Palace. I used to rewind that sequence and watch the aliens stroll by the camera for hours!

EVILFACE said:
It's a tired cliche but, If you don't like it, don't buy it!

I agree. Sure Bubo isn't that exciting but hey they all can't be and SS will have this line for a while. SO deal with it.

Me too Mikey! The creature and model work by ILM was second to none, and they had so many inspired designs! Those guys were true artisans in those days and now getting to own little recreations of their work at this top-notch level is amazingly cool! The more creatures the merrier!

LOTRFan said:
This what I got when I did a search for "Bubo" ... it appears to be a type of growth.

bubo.jpg

Actually....it's the pustulating growth that the bubonic plague takes its name from. (just a bit of useless trivia :D)

Wetanut said:
Actually....it's the pustulating growth that the bubonic plague takes its name from. (just a bit of useless trivia :D)

Thanks, really. :sick

:lol

Homer Simpson said:
In a Scene for about 10 seconds. And how can they be classed as Star Wars characters if they dont look like the ones on screen (apart from the old guy). You may as well dress Fox Mulder in a green Endor suit and call him and Endor Soldier.:lol
That is a great idea Homer. I think they should do this to jumpstart poor selling lines. Think of the possibilities. Just throw some Jedi robes on the Medieval Kurgan and you got 5000 figures sold easy.

Jedi Medieval f'n Kugan!?!

Do I smell an old timey Kurgan thread Hijacking?!? Countdown to the sandbox ladies!!!​

Notice I'm leaving the real Bubo thread alone...

I admit, I had no idea who the hell Bubo was. I remembered him from the ROTJ, but I never knew that hideous thing had a name. The same goes for Kit Fisto, Plo Koon and Asaji; I had no idea who they were, hence I am not getting them. Bubo I'll get just because he reminds me of my old neighbour!:D

Well, this thread is about to be completely worthless, so I'll post this message here. Can someone tell JSauctionservice to clear out his inbox a bit? I got a important message to get to him, but the dude's exceeded his limits.

Edit: Found him in another thread. Yipee.

I for one, give a crap! :lol

Seedy creatures are the yardstick of Star Wars.

On a more technical standpoint, I'm glad Sideshow is giving these non-humanoid characters a chance. It helps shake off the "doll" stigma of collecting 1/6 scale action figures.

Back