Who'd like to see HT make a George Reeves Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Reeves Superman would be an instant pre-order for me as well- both versions if they did color and b&w. I'm 42 and Reeves was my first live action Superman well before Reeve, so he will always be my favorite. He embodied the character in a way no one since has been able to capture. "The Adventures of Superman" was huge at the time, among both children and adults, probably more so than the '66 Batman series. It was appointment television and a time for the family to sit down and watch the show together. There are a lot more people out there than you think, of all ages, who remember Reeves's portrayal fondly, and their feelings were solidified after his sudden death. So its place in pop culture shouldn't be in doubt. That said, as much as I'd love to see this happen, it probably won't though, which is a shame. It would be a great way to remember both the show and the actor.

I would actually put Cavill with Affleck since they will be together and the Bale era ended before Cavill. Technically you'd put pair Routh with Bale.

Makes sense, but maybe not for everyone. I'm banking on pairing up the most memorable portrayals from each generation. I'm saving my judgement of Affleck, but I still don't know how he'd fare and how long he'd be in for the ride for him to actually be considered as an iconic Batman. Also, no Routh for me.

I only know one superman and that's Christopher Reeve.. I mean this guy is from the 50-60s I think? You gotta be a serious old timer to remember this guy and I'm pushing 40 lol

I'm 27, but saw plenty of re-runs of the show when they ran on Nick at Night and also own all the seasons on dvd.

I'm not apposed to it, would be fine if they made it but not something I've been dying for, not a huge superman fan, more casual but I do have reeves and mos as they are great figures.

I'm not apposed to it, would be fine if they made it but not something I've been dying for, not a huge superman fan, more casual but I do have reeves and mos as they are great figures.

You have a Reeve figure. :lecture I'd be down for a Reeves if they released one tho.

:lol I'd take a Gerard Christopher over Welling.
:lol the only one I would NOT want
I only know one superman and that's Christopher Reeve.. I mean this guy is from the 50-60s I think? You gotta be a serious old timer to remember this guy and I'm pushing 40 lol
ummmm no...I'm only 24 and Reeves was the first Live Action Superman I knew and loved. My mother loves "I Love Lucy" and the first time I saw George Reeves was an episode when it was Little Ricky's birthday and they got "Superman" to come to his birthday party. It was awesome. I actually still to this day like him more than Reeve.
I'm 27, but saw plenty of re-runs of the show when they ran on Nick at Night and also own all the seasons on dvd.
:goodpost: yep same here

Wow so you have already have this figure?? :lol :wink1:

ummmm no...I'm only 24 and Reeves was the first Live Action Superman I knew and loved. My mother loves "I Love Lucy" and the first time I saw George Reeves was an episode when it was Little Ricky's birthday and they got "Superman" to come to his birthday party. It was awesome. I actually still to this day like him more than Reeve.

Ha My mom is a big Lucy fan, too. I am as well, actually, and bought the entire series on dvd not too long ago and recently saw the one with Reeves. Classic episode. When he jumps through that window and all the kids go crazy it's just a great moment.

Kirk, George, Dean. Tom all of these would be a purchase for me.

To me Christopher Reeve pretty much brought the character to life. I'm not sure if I like Superman because of the character if it's because how Reeve portrayed him. I am still reserved on Cavill.

Makes sense, but maybe not for everyone. I'm banking on pairing up the most memorable portrayals from each generation. I'm saving my judgement of Affleck, but I still don't know how he'd fare and how long he'd be in for the ride for him to actually be considered as an iconic Batman. Also, no Routh for me.

I have reservations on Affleck also. I'll give him a chance. Then again he may only play Batman once like George Clooney. He may have an actual Batmobile though, and better suit.

This sounds like a job for ... Go Hero!

Then bring on Lewis Wilson and Douglas Croft:

s-batman-1943-chap-1-lewis-wilson-645x1024.jpg

How could you forget Robert Lowery and Johnny Duncan!?!

Wait, you were serious? I thought you were being facetious, due to the '43 Batman serial's reputation for being incredibly racist.:lol

Yeah, that's one thing I've always tried to tell people to keep in mind. People aren't the most sensitive when they're at war. Suffice it to say, I think the Batman serials have less appeal in that they're so dated. With Superman, it's a relatively simplistic costume, so the iconic look really hasn't changed much over the past 76 years, but, with Batman, I don't think he made the transition to the screen very well in those first few outings.

There's a lot of dramaticism and nuance in bringing that costume to life that's necessary versus putting Superman on screen, and I think that the 40's serials weren't able to do that properly for the interpretation they were going for, nor do I think that accurate representations in 1/6th scale would, necessarily, be aesthetically pleasing juxtaposed against some of the higher quality outings. Namely, the cape and cowl. It kind of makes me sad that we didn't get to see what a big-budget, old Hollywood production of the character would've been like; I'd have loved to see Orson Welles' planned version.

Yeah, that's one thing I've always tried to tell people to keep in mind. People aren't the most sensitive when they're at war. Suffice it to say, I think the Batman serials have less appeal in that they're so dated. With Superman, it's a relatively simplistic costume, so the iconic look really hasn't changed much over the past 76 years, but, with Batman, I don't think he made the transition to the screen very well in those first few outings.

There's a lot of dramaticism and nuance in bringing that costume to life that's necessary versus putting Superman on screen, and I think that the 40's serials weren't able to do that properly for the interpretation they were going for, nor do I think that accurate representations in 1/6th scale would, necessarily, be aesthetically pleasing juxtaposed against some of the higher quality outings. Namely, the cape and cowl. It kind of makes me sad that we didn't get to see what a big-budget, old Hollywood production of the character would've been like; I'd have loved to see Orson Welles' planned version.

As cool as this would have been, it was a hoax.

https://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2007/05/17/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-103/

I have the 4 DVD set of Superman: The Movie - & among the other great extras, the George Reeves film's included with mine as well.

Pretty cool. :cool:

I have no interest in owning one but I'd love to see one made. Even when I don't want it I like when stuff like this gets made for the fans that that yearn for it. Plus he'd make a sweet display with the Reeve figure.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I have watched re-runs of George Reeves from TV even though I am not that old.

Any Superman release from list of old TV shows will be considered a must buy for Superman fans who like to complete their 1/6 Superman collections.

I am missing Kirk, George,Dean, Gerald and James from my collection :D

If HT will be releasing any of those missing, I will get all of them but with the condition that there should be at least 99% likeness in the head sculpt.

Back