Who Ya Gonna Call?? Ghostbusters customs finally finished..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teabelly83

Super Freak
Reaction score
After something like 2 years of gathering parts and funding this project i can finally show my finished Ghostbusters. These are my personal grail pieces and to finally have a set of Ghostbusters 1/6 figures is a great feeling. This project cost me quite abit of money which again was a reason it took so long to finish to but it was worth the wait.

I originally bought the mattel 12" figures but like most people were very disappointed with them interms of the quality, they were more for kids then high end collectors and the sculpts were pretty bad, especially Ray so after seeing so many great ghostbuster sculpts on the board i picked my favourites to create a set of Ghostbusters that i would be more than happy with.

Headsculpt wise i decided to go with Rocco's Egon, Spenser's Winston and Snyderman's Ray and Venkman. all did some nice jobs on the sculpts but i went for my personal favourites out of the bunch ive seen. ive heard snyderman is doing egon and winston too soon so i may even upgrade to those oneday.

Costume wise, i only kept a few minor things from the original mattel figures, but those i did keep i customised anyway, but i kept the main suit, the radios, the belt gizmo holder, the packs/traps etc, and the gloves. The suit i redyed to give it more of the a movie look, rather then the bright clean colour it was originally on the mattel figure. I also repainted the pack straps a darker green so they look more like the movie straps. I also shortened the pack hose so the thrower wire wasnt as long.

The belts are fabric web belts i bought from monkeydepot or somewhere like that, i repainted them more of a light grey colour like they are in the film, and then custom made the leather straps with keychains and hooks for the belts. For the main belt gizmo i used pieces of red wire and cut up pieces of a circuit board and made a gizmo for each belt. I painted the silver stripe on the radio's aswel like in the movie.

The boots are leather boots and i added the zippers to them too so they look more movie styled. Egon has long foot pegs and i padded them all out to give them more of a realistic shape, i especially added little podge's to Ray and Venkman like in the movie.

Elbow pads were from mando and i custom made the straps for those.

Headsculpts were all painted by Steven Giunta and look so much better in hand.

I just need to add the ecto goggles to Ray and add alittle paint to Egons PKE metre wings and maybe some stand decals.

I'll try get better photos very soon but this is how they are looking so far..

Great work! Nice to see a nicely painted version of Snyder-man's sculpt. Their own pics don't do it justice. Any close-ups of the gizmos? Those are the lingering accessories I never got around to finishing on my own figures.

Amazing! This is my all time favorite movie and I love seeing people's custom bashes!! I have the Mattel set and will one day try to get some custom heads and upgrade them.

Great Work!!

Thanks alot man, i thank steven giunta for the paint work and mando for the elbow pads but everything else was made or customized by me :)

They look great.. I wish I had that kind of talent.

thanks dude!!

awesome work on all! :)

thanks alot man! my all time favourite too, which is why these have been a grail piece for me really. i wanted to make them as accurate as i possibly could :)

Amazing! This is my all time favorite movie and I love seeing people's custom bashes!! I have the Mattel set and will one day try to get some custom heads and upgrade them.

Great Work!!

Thanks man, really appreciate it! yeah snydermans sculpt is really great in hand, and when painted well it really really comes to life, great in hand. yeah ill post some pics below of the belt/suit progress pics so you can see the progress when i made them.

Great work! Nice to see a nicely painted version of Snyder-man's sculpt. Their own pics don't do it justice. Any close-ups of the gizmos? Those are the lingering accessories I never got around to finishing on my own figures.

Congrats on finally finishing these bad boys up Dave! :duff Ain't nothing like that feeling when getting your grail complete and in your possesion! Great job brother! :rock

Thanks so much man, yeah boy does it feel good to finally have a figure or figures in this case finally on display :clap:hi5:

Congrats on finally finishing these bad boys up Dave! :duff Ain't nothing like that feeling when getting your grail complete and in your possesion! Great job brother! :rock

Yeah that Snyderman Venkman sculpt shines on display w/ the right lighting...and pose.
080c8254aee6d05544946c652eba4c65.jpg
76cd9c2e1da3f2f8cbcbeac2af8e4449.jpg

Back