Who won Comic-Con?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 1/6th Manufacturer won Comic-Con?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I gave it to QMX on what they had for Trek fans.

Hot Toys second for SW and Suicide Squad

Chronicle for Conan and JP; Blitzway tied for third.

Qmx. Long awaited, well done products on a coveted license. 2nd place- hot toys just on sheer volume.

Blitzway was good but didnt live up to the anticipation. Plus they werent ready for prime time on ecto 1. Big let down.

Already, and continuing to wear the crown of shame- ThreeZero.

I'll vote QMX on Justified alone. Now that they've broken into FX dramas ... bring on Vic Mackey and Boyd Crowder.

SnakeDoc

Prime1 even though they displayed the Witcher line at another event entirely. ....they look so good I name them winner of SDCC as well.

Gotta give it to QMx. Delivered almost the whole bridge crew for viewing with some stellar prototypes and they showed the Motion Picture Kirk & Spock as well. For a small company's foray into 1/6, this was an amazing showing.

Hot Toys was impressive as well with the sheer amount of new product they showed. Still kinda underwhelming because who knows if and what of that stuff will ever be released.

Blitzway was pretty good with Ghostbusters and Tyler. Awesome set up for the GB.

Chronicles Conan was equally impressive...the sculpted hand/severed head combo was really well done. Wish their King Conan was also 1/6th.

Sideshows showing was less than impressive for a company with their pedigree in 1/6th. The jack burton was good and the accessories were very good but their Lobo looked like an amalgamation between the classic Lobo & Nu52 Lobo. The bounty hunters were good but I wish they had the new carbonite Han ready with the lights and extra base.

It was a tough choice for me, with both QMX and Chronicle stepping up to deliver figures from two beloved franchises (Star Trek and Conan), but in the end I went with Chronicle for the sheer awe of camp-Conan.

When you take into consideration the size of bigger competitors like Hot Toys and Sideshow, QMx truly impressed...especially considering they went ahead and displayed a number of cool figures that were not really ready to go on display just yet.

Hats off to QMx! :clap

Went with Qmx. Blitzway did a great job on Ghostbusters overall but...that was all they had and we all knew it was coming and they didn't unveil the car like they had promised. Hot Toys again did a great job but there wasn't that much as far as new stuff. Sure they had star wars stuff like the death star gunner and trooper and gonk and 3po and r2 but they didn't have a ton of long awaited reveals just a lot of "oh cool, they're making that". Suicide Squad was a letdown for me because they had tons of new figures that looked great but they were mostly the Joker. I wanted to see the other squad members. QMX wins because they showed commitment to several franchises. They started 2-3 new licenses AND their biggest license(trek) they showed such a huge expansion on what they've done so far that it makes collectors feel safer in starting to buy stuff from them as it looks like they will actually(minimum) complete the original series crew and possibly a big chunk of Next generation and New movie trek so I went from on the border to seeing how I can get on board.

Back