Who wants a 1/6 Space Jockey?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy it and who would you prefer making it?

• Yes, Alien isn't complete without the Space Jockey

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • No, leave fossilized remains to Jurassic Park

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I want the Hot Toys passion!

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Gimme the SST experience!

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • It's all about the NECA magic!

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I don't care who it is, just give it to me now!

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
Not one big enough to go through all the trouble and money to make it...
i don't think half the people posting here have any sense of scale.
you can show them all the pics you want and they still think a 1:6 jockey is a $100 toy they can put on a shelf.

i don't think half the people posting here have any sense of scale.
you can show them all the pics you want and they still think a 1:6 jockey is a $100 toy they can put on a shelf.

Same with a 1:6 Queen Alien.

I'd want a 1:6 scale queen and jockey. But for those who have issues with scale, they can be 1:6-ish, don't have to be exact 1:6 scale, but close.

Sean

I'd want a 1:6 scale queen and jockey. But for those who have issues with scale, they can be 1:6-ish, don't have to be exact 1:6 scale, but close.

Sean

collectible manufacturers' profit margins, the average square footage of houses, common sense, and physics all have issues with the scale of those figures.

It's still too big even if it's not quite 1.6 I say:

alienjockey.jpg

It would be very strange to see a 1/6 space jockey because, well, you only see it one time and it is dead in a sitting position. Not sure about the comics and other references toward them so if there is, they could probably make a pretty good figure.

I think they should make a space jockey statue with him sitting in the "dentist chair".And yes first post :)

It's still too big even if it's not quite 1.6 I say:

alienjockey.jpg
yeah, posting pics hasn't convinced anyone so far.
just let 'em keep hoping HT will make a 1:6 scale jockey that they can go get at a toy store and put on top of their computer monitor.
Maybe 1:18?
that would be cool. it's pretty much to scale with 4" star wars figures.

collectible manufacturers' profit margins, the average square footage of houses, common sense, and physics all have issues with the scale of those figures.

Yeah, but maybe like how 21st Century or Hasbro made their "1/6" vehicles slightly under-scale, the same could apply here. It's already been done by large manufacturers and there is big demand still for large tanks, etc (at least in the numbers we're talking). A jockey could be done in smaller scale or even only half the sculpture (so one side is flat and fits on a shelf easily) but would likely be done by a customizer rather than the bigger company, like Hot Toys. But I would like a 1/6-ish queen by Hot Toys or someone.

Sean

not sure if any on you know, but in that scene ridley scott had children dress in those suit so the space jockey would look giant.
what does that have to do with anything? was the movie about little kids?
when the actors were in those suits they were closer to 7ft tall. that's what the scene is representing.
Yeah, but maybe like how 21st Century or Hasbro made their "1/6" vehicles slightly under-scale, the same could apply here. It's already been done by large manufacturers and there is big demand still for large tanks, etc (at least in the numbers we're talking). A jockey could be done in smaller scale or even only half the sculpture (so one side is flat and fits on a shelf easily) but would likely be done by a customizer rather than the bigger company, like Hot Toys. But I would like a 1/6-ish queen by Hot Toys or someone.

Sean
ok, but the space jockey is still 3X the size of any tank and even half of it is enormous.
there's already a topic devoted to how stupid it would be if HT made a 1:6 queen, so i won't get into it here.

and there clearly isn't any point in trying to correct you people. so i'm out. keep hope alive.

what does that have to do with anything? was the movie about little kids?
when the actors were in those suits they were closer to 7ft tall. that's what the scene is representing.

ok, but the space jockey is still 3X the size of any tank and even half of it is enormous.
there's already a topic devoted to how stupid it would be if HT made a 1:6 queen, so i won't get into it here.

and there clearly isn't any point in trying to correct you people. so i'm out. keep hope alive.

I'm just saying for my collection I'd love a 1/6-ish Queen (and a Jockey would be cool, but 1/6 is a little big. I'd like one though). People buy the 1/4 scale format figures and dios and all, so large scale items do sell, but I'd imagine an Alien jokey wouldn't have quite as wide an appeal probably.

Anyway- bring on the Queen!

Sean

Last edited:
If we're wishing for these sorts of things, c'mon and make me a 1/6th APC HT! My Marines need another place to hangout. ;)

My palisades is growing on me but I would like a higher quality representation of the SJ, maybe out of the diorama line.

I'm pretty sure this will be made, Ridley Scott does plan to film a prequel explaining the origins of the space Jockey.

I'm sure you'll see some fantastic new collectibles come out of this film.

New dios, statues, action figures and model kits.

But NOT a 1:6 Jockey. It's not going to happen.

Back