WHO should be cast as the new SUPERMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelpig

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looks like Routh is out, Tom Welling? may be good, an 'estabished star' or a more on less complete unknown? (like Reeves was) Who Knows. Though it might be time for us to bounce ideas around for a while....
Personally I have no favourites for the part, I think they need an actor in his 30-mid 30's & someone who looks like he's been Superman for a good few years, with a wealth of experience, especially if he's gonna take on someone very dangerous.

Well I really wanted Routh back and I'm ticked off that he isn't coming back. The only other person that comes to mind for me is Tom Welling but with Smallville going, that doesn't seem likely. My guess is it might be another fairly unknown actor but honestly as much as I love Superman, I'm just not excited at all right now about the whole reboot.

Of established actors, I'd have to go with Tom. He's been playing Clark for years. They might as well finally let him wear the red and blue tights. He's earned it.

Nicholas Cage

nicolas-cage-superman.jpg

It doesn't need a freakin' reboot! Superman Returns was NOT the travesty some would lead you to believe. Yeah, it was lacking in action, but it had one hell of a poignant emotional core. And Routh was the perfect successor to Reeve.

Reboot? No. Just continue the series and give the next entry more action.

I liked Routh too, like Welling also, both would be good in my eyes, just think/feel they'll go elswhere, but PLEASE not Cage!!

It's too bad Routh won't be returning (no pun intended). I thought he did a great job, and I really liked him on Chuck.

I'm not sure who I'd want to take over the tights.

Right now i can`t picture anyone else but Routh to play Superman,i really hope he returns.

Routh did a fine job in an ok movie. I'd love to see him return as Supes with a better director in the drivers seat.

Welling would be cool but I don't really want the Smallville feel to be carried over to the big screen. That's the only thing that worries me there.

One thing`s for sure,i would love to see someone else than Kate Bosworth playing Lois Lane in the next Superman,she was absolutely horrible in "Returns",i never understood why they wanted her in the first place :banghead

One thing`s for sure,i would love to see someone else than Kate Bosworth playing Lois Lane in the next Superman,she was absolutely horrible in "Returns",i never understood why they wanted her in the first place :banghead

Got that right. Worst Lois ever.

Kate Bosworth was crap indeed, i did not like the fact Superman was such a creeper in Superman Returns, Lois was an unfaithfull skank but, i really like Routh as Superman..he is the perfect fit.

Back