Who needs to go? Sauron or Morgul Lord

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would you let go from your collection?

• Morgul Lord Statue

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Sauron Statue

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Both

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joogle

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, I am liquidating my collection as many of you, for several reasons.

The boss (wife) is after me, plus I want to limit my collection the riders and a few of LOTR PFs.

I am having trouble in deciding who should go or if both should go from my collection.

Need some help from the experts.

Thanks.

I am no expert, but I had the same choice and decided to keep the Morgul Lord.

9338_image03.jpg

Considering that both have equally high ES's I would say it is a toss-up, what do you prefer?

Personally I think I would rather have Sauron, not necessarily based on the sculpt (I prefer the ML), but based on character - he is the Lord of the Rings.

I think you must decide in "which one i like more and which not?" i like te Morgul Lord so i think ill keep that one, your own decission, good luck

I would tell my wife to go jump off a bridge. She can move out if we're short on room.

Jesse

Last edited:
if you are departing with Morgul Lord, i'll be willing to get it off your hand. :joy

Here's another reason to let go ML over Sauron:

Although it won't be in scale, Sauron will blend in better with your 1/4 scale premiums. I bet we will see a premium format ML before a Sauron. I'm not sure we will ever see a PF Sauron as it would be huge...but you never know...

I agree with Weta Work. Odds are better for a ML in P.F. then Sauron. I'd keep Sauron over the Morgul Lord anyway, in my opinion.

WetaWork said:
Here's another reason to let go ML over Sauron:

Although it won't be in scale, Sauron will blend in better with your 1/4 scale premiums. I bet we will see a premium format ML before a Sauron. I'm not sure we will ever see a PF Sauron as it would be huge...but you never know...

I agree. Sauron is the one SSW statue I kept. I intend to display the bad guys from 3 of my hobbies: Sauron, Doom PF EX and a yet to be determined Vader (not crazy about the current PF one).

If ya gotta let one go I'd say the ML. Sauron is a totally kick ass piece and one of the best from the line.

I guess 'm in the minority here but I would keep ML....he is one of my favorite characters from the films....but if you are going to display with other PF Sauron would probably be a better bet...bottom line..both GREAT pieces and just sad to have to let either one go.........are you sure you cant get rid of the boss(wife) instead:D

Whoa, what a tough choice... :google

Those two would be the last to go in my collection. The head baddie and his leutenent. Plus I picked up Eowyn just to place her against the ML.

If I was you, I'd definitely find something else to sell for funds. How's the public transit system in your town?...*

*sell the car... ;)

The ML looks better IMO and I love the pose.

Sauron is just too thin and not as impressive.

But he is Sauron...tough call.

Jesseawilson said:
I would tell my wife to go jump off a bridge. She can move out if we're short on room.

Jesse

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

And in relation to the I'd have you go with keeping Sauron. That way if you want to get rid of the Morgal Lord I'd be more than happy to take him off your hands (at the appropriate price of course) since I've been wanting to get one forever!

Not that I'm trying to show an interest or anything. :angelsmil

Jesseawilson said:

Jesse
:google :mwaha :mwaha :D :horror

I love that Jesse. It hit me just the right way at the moment I read it that made me burst out laughing. :banana

Gruson said:
The ML looks better IMO and I love the pose.

Sauron is just too thin and not as impressive.

But he is Sauron...tough call.

That's what I got to thinking too, Gru.. after I read kingofdarknes03's post and then saw your post with a wording of my own thoughts.

Ju, my own instant choice was keep sauron (what I voted for) but I think the ML has more screen time so when you're watching the movie you get to look back and forth from TV to statue for a longer amount of pleasurable time. What a tough call it is. Or was... given I've posted just now after you posted your decision. :(

Oh just an afterthought-

Ju- if you want, you can borrow some images I saved from an ancient ebay Sauron auction.

They're from some major gun shop.. sauron posed at 2 different angles with a wall of machine guns behind.. :D :rock :rock

Well you went the way I would have gone :D

ML was one of the first pieces I bought and has been on display since.

Sauron for me was more of an afterthought and aquired off the Waitinglist, apart from the initial check he's never been out of his box.

Must admit though that I have been thinking of getting him out (my lodger moved out last week and suddenly there is more display space available :D ) and on display.

Back