Who is your favorite actor or actress?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pturtle

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought it would be cool to see everyones taste in actors/actresses. I’d like to know who is your favorite of all time, still acting, and who you think is the actor of the year. I wouldn’t mind to see who you guys think is the most overrated/underrated right now as well.
All time: Robert Deniro - Raging Bull might be the greatest performance I have ever seen.

Currently working: Brad Pitt - Think he is extremely underrated by a lot of male fans. He still gets the pretty boy only treatment. Assassination Of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford blew my mind.

Actor of the year: Chiwetel Ejiofor in 12 Years A Slave. Incredible performance.

Overrated: George Clooney. The man plays himself in every single movie.

Underrated: James Mcavoy. I think he has been snubbed on a few Oscar nominations including this year for Filth.

Tough one, but I'm thinking Bill Murray. '70s era Jack Nicholson and Daniel Day-Lewis are also way up on my list. Can't go wrong with Deniro, though.

Nowhere near the best actor in the world but due to the fact that he's appeared in some of my all time greatest films I gotta say Arnie is my 'favourite' actor.
I grew up watching Arnie :rock

Nowhere near the best actor in the world but due to the fact that he's appeared in some of my all time greatest films I gotta say Arnie is my 'favourite' actor.
I grew up watching Arnie :rock

Nothing wrong with that, he starred in some of the best movies of all time and used what he had to enhance those films.

70s and 80s era Robert De Niro for sure.

Right now I'm totally impressed with Matthew McConaughey. He's been so good in pretty much everything he's been in recently.

70s and 80s era Robert De Niro for sure.

Right now I'm totally impressed with Matthew McConaughey. He's been so good in pretty much everything he's been in recently.

I haven’t had a chance to watch Dallas Buyers Club, but I like what I am seeing from in True Detective.

Anthony Hopkins - as Captain Bligh in The Bounty

images

'' God damn your eyes, man ''

Its a hard question, but atm for males I'm pretty interested when I see Afflecks or DiCaprios name attached to something. I don't know that I really have a favorite. I do like the Rock and I think he gets a lot of **** for some of his role "choices" but I think hes added something beyond what most of his roles called for. Same for Marky Mark, he may not be an actors actor, but hes had some great roles in **** movies. :lol These two were great in Pain n Gain even though I hated the movie, especially the Rock's performance is the only thing that kept me from walking out.

I also have to shout out to Arnie, like Collectorcol said, Arnie has always been there for me, so has Harrison Ford. Bleh too many great guys too narrow down to one, I guess I fail at choosing a favorite. :lol

As for females, not really sure. I'm drawing a blank.

Thought it would be cool to see everyones taste in actors/actresses. I’d like to know who is your favorite of all time, still acting, and who you think is the actor of the year. I wouldn’t mind to see who you guys think is the most overrated/underrated right now as well.
All time: Robert Deniro - Raging Bull might be the greatest performance I have ever seen.

Currently working: Brad Pitt - Think he is extremely underrated by a lot of male fans. He still gets the pretty boy only treatment. Assassination Of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford blew my mind.

Actor of the year: Chiwetel Ejiofor in 12 Years A Slave. Incredible performance.

Overrated: George Clooney. The man plays himself in every single movie.

Underrated: James Mcavoy. I think he has been snubbed on a few Oscar nominations including this year for Filth.

I love The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford! I agree Brad Pitt's performance was top notch as was Sam Rockwell and Casey Affleck. This movie is one of my top 5 favorites of all time.

For me the best actor was Richard Burton, he gave performances of such intensity so he's my favourite but i'd also say Eastwood, Caine and Connery were up there too.

Actress might be Faye Dunaway for me. She had a great run in the '60s and '70s. Ingrid Bergman was also great. She had an aura of mysteriousness about her that was very compelling.

I'd say Sean penn and Christian bale. But there's a lot of actors that I like but those two would prob be top. I think the top ones would be Daniel day Lewis, Gary Oldman, Tom Hanks and Michael Shannon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford! I agree Brad Pitt's performance was top notch as was Sam Rockwell and Casey Affleck. This movie is one of my top 5 favorites of all time.

Sam Rockwell was incredible.in my opinion he was the best in the movie. Every actor did an amazing job.

I think my favorite actor would have to be Michael Douglas. The dude is just so natural and believable in everything he does and every word he says. His delivery is top notch.

Hmm this is a tough one for me:

All Time? Arnie or Sam Jackson

Over the Last Ten Years? Leo

Right Now? Christoph Waltz or Jake Gyllenhaal

Back